Sign in to follow this  
Davev

Weird problem with DVD

Hi all, new here - I am fairly new to burning DVD's I burned several snowboard DVD's for friends son using CDBURNERXP pro 3 - now they both work fine on my home DVD, but only one plays at his house they have several DVD players, it it doesn't work in any of them, it just displays a pic of a directory folder with no title., I did notice that the one that works at my house only seems to be of somewhat higher quality, and the MPEG file was much larger, indicating maybe better quality? - does anyone know what is going on here? Thanks in advance! :)

I am sure the helpfile mentiones a reason for possible incompatibilities ;)

I get the sarcasm, thank you - I have been thru the help file and see nothing specific to my problem. 8)

I get the sarcasm, thank you

Good :-P

I was sure that the current helpfile says somethling like that (extract of the future helpfile):

Currently it is not possible to create real video-DVDs because CDBurnerXP does not support burning with UDF-filesystem. Thus burned video-DVDs are incompatible to some players.

As I just realised this notice does not exist in the Video-DVD chapter where I expected it to be :cry: Anyway, this problem has been discussed very often in forum too.

In the "Interesting Topics..." Topic there is a topic for Video Discs (DVD), which points to the updated (and outdated as well) information about Video discs. I think this is what you could have found :-P

OK! I was looking in the help on the Application itself, not the website - HOWEVER: I burned 2 snowboard DVD's right? Now BOTH play fine in mine at home - I bring them over my friends house and ONE plays fine but the other won't play in either of his machines - this is strange, I would think if it was an incompatability issue, neither would have played at his house - maybe I should just burn the questionable one again..?

OK! I was looking in the help on the Application itself, not the website

Well, as soon as the new version is released, it will be more obvious where to find informaton.

- HOWEVER: I burned 2 snowboard DVD's right? Now BOTH play fine in mine at home - I bring them over my friends house and ONE plays fine but the other won't play in either of his machines - this is strange, I would think if it was an incompatability issue, neither would have played at his house

True, that's strange.

- maybe I should just burn the questionable one again..?

Why not ;)