Sign in to follow this  
Guest aibou

Errors when writing Data CD

Guest aibou

I get this error whenever I try to burn a Data CD: Writing Error: (3) Error occured writing data to disc. Writing error of unknown origin (1005). Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: C ASCQ: 0

I use Windows XP Pro, Hitachi DK23EB-40 CD/DVD-rom drive. I never used to get these errors. Any idea what could be wrong?

Guest aibou

Sorry, made a mistake about the drive. It's an HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N. I was looking at the wrong window before. My apologies.

Exact same error message; looking forward to an answer. Running XP Home SP2 and was just trying to write a non-bootable backup cd. Tried Joliet and ISO 2 with and without test write. Not finalizing disk, trying to burn 700Mb data on a 700Mb disc... prog reported before burn that there would be 2.08Mb left on disc. It's a new CDR, no previous data on disc.

I next tried to burn 628Mb using Joliet on a fresh 700Mb disc and got the error:

Writing error (3) Error occurred writing data to disk. A NT disc I/O operation failed. Error Sense Data: Sense Key FF ASC: 0 ASCQ: 79

Finally, using a 3rd fresh disc, I tried to burn 366.31Mb using Joliet and test write and I got the original message (Writing error (3) Error occurred writing data to disk. Writing error of unknown origin (1005). Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: C ASCQ:0)

My first burn experience with CDBurnerXP Pro 3 was a complete success (bootable CD - slipstreaming SP2 with my original XP Home files as a backup.) The finished product works great.. just like the original.

The burner I have is a WSM-52Z 52x CD/RW running on these drivers: cdrom.sys, imapi.sys, redbook.sys and storprop.dll. Both my successful burn and these failed attempts the prog is only trying to burn at 48X.

dimil

Yes. I am trying out Easy DVD/CD Burner and it works fine... but it leaves out some things that CDBurnerXP has.

Thanks for helping out! I'm getting ready to try another bootable backup for a slipstreamed .Net version of my system files and if that works I want to include the specific drivers for my computer on the final burn to make it a hands-off install if I ever need it.

If it doesn't work, should I immediately try an uninstall/reinstall?

dimil

There's no problem with the drive.. it reads and writes fine as I said.

I've tried different new cdr's and tried burning different files and I've eliminated the drive by burning with other programs.

Yes, I've eliminated the drive as the source of the problem. In other words, I can burn cd's with my drive using other programs but I cannot burn with my drive using cdburnerxp.

Can you interpret the error messages that I listed in my previous post in this thread and tell me what to do to make your program, cdburnerxp, work for me?

Yes, I did have that "NT" error once. But it disappeared when I put in a new CDR disc. I ~am not~ using an external drive so that is not the problem.

This is the error that I get over and over:

(Writing error (3) Error occurred writing data to disk. Writing error of unknown origin (1005). Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: C ASCQ:0)

When I searched the forum this was the thread (#8934) that I found. I really would appreciate it if you would be more specific about where the solution is in the forum archives. There are a lot of threads that come up and that's a lot of reading for me... but you have already read them being a moderator.

Thanks in advance for your help with the error that I am having (Writing error of unknown origin (1005)).

The error "A NT disc I/O operation" I only had once and have resolved that one myself by using a different writable compact disc.

dimil

Thanks Flo! I haven't had much time to work with it the past couple days but I'll give it another shot the end of this week.

One thing I did discover is that I can burn successfully with the same cd discs that wouldn't work in CDBXP using other burner software. So the discs are not starting out bad and CDBXP is not making them unusable.

I don't have time this morning to describe my comp more completely, but I'll do that for you as well.

dimil

Guest stu

I just went through three disks seeing this problem for the first time. It happened on my laptop running off the battery. It seems that plugging in the AC power fixed it, and I've just written two disks succesfully since.

Hope this helps,

Stu