Sign in to follow this  
Professor_Archetype

Can't leave CD open for additional tracks

-I have just been using CDBurnerXP for a day or so and what I have used so far works fine. My question is that in the "Help" file, it says that one can leave the disc open when burning to be able to add additional files but this feature is absent in the program. Does your note "...don't ask if there are features in the help file which are missing in the program..." apply here? Also, I have a couple of discs (CD-R) with tracks on them but the discs are still open. The program reads them as blank discs. Can I close them or add tracks to them? The lack of this feature is not a big deal as I can still build a compilation and save it before burning the disc. I would just like to be able to use the discs I have that are still open if possible. Thanks.

-I haven't found a way to leave a disc open for additional tracks nor a way to use discs that have been left open from other programs. However, there is a way to make compilations in a similar manner.

-Those out there who have more computer savvy than me may already know this. However, there may be more folks like me who struggle a bit with new software.

-I assume the CDBXP software works the same on all computers but for the record, I have an older Dell PC running Windows 98.

-The idea is simple. Just rip the tracks you want as ".wav" files and save them on your hard drive until you have enough to fill a disc. The process is like this: Put the disc you want to take a track or tracks from in your reader. Open CDBXP and click on the "rip" function (see the "help" section for all the details). On the left side of the list of the tracks on the disc, you will see a column of little boxes. When you click on the box, a check will appear. The tracks with the checks will be ripped. Each ripped track will become a ".wav" file in the folder "myCDBurnerXPprojects." I find it handy to rename the file with the title of the song and then put it in a new folder for the specific compilation (i.e. "Rockabilly Songs" or "Bluegrass Favorites" or whatever). Then, when you have enough tracks to fill a disc, call up the CD burner option, open the particular folder you want and burn your disc.

-That's the simple version. I suspect most of you are smart enough to figure out the particulars.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.