Sign in to follow this  

The disc's PMA could not be updated?

Whenever I try to burn a DVD+R using CDBurnerXP Pro, I get an error message that runs as follows: "Writing Error: (3) Error closing DVD+R Track. The disc's PMA could not be updated (1049) Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: 73 ASCQ: 4." Is it possible I am doing something wrong? I have written DVD's on this computer before. Though they were DVD-R's, and I was not using CDBurnerXP Pro, though I cannot burn using my other software either. I am currently running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 with a LG HL-DT-ST GSA-4163B and using Memorex 16X DVD+R discs.

No, my drive supports all formats, +/- R, +/- RW, and DVD-RAM.

Forgot to login before.^

Edit: To be more clear, this error, and all my problems with the burning, have happened at the end of the burning process, when the disc is being closed.

Guest Guest ##

I've got the same problem using the same drive (except its a 4160B not a 4163B), i've burnt dvd+R's fine, but not with a new spindle i just bought.

Which brand cant you burn?

I cant burn dvds from a 50 spindle by TDK, but I can burn LASER and Verbatim brand DVDs (haven't tried others). If you also have problems with TDK then it would be their DVDs,

cheers.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.