Sign in to follow this  
roklein

Data not on DVD

Hi,

I fear this is a repeat of the known problen http://www.cdburnerxp.se/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1892..

Well, I made a DVD ISO image in "compatible mode" on my Laptop. I copied the image to a friends laptop (which has a dvd burner) and burned the image. The data did not show up on the disk (I don't know about cdburnerxp). Well, my time with the friends laptop was up, so I thought, lets try again next sunday... Ok, now the drive on my laptops gets "screech, screech" and Windows is gone. The Backup is the aforementioned CD...

Can anybody *please*please* help me to recover the data?

Thanks you very much!!

PS: there is data on the DVD, one can see at the surface.

Thanks Flo,

I tried as suggested, and there was something on the DVD, but strange.. A directory structure, a lot like the one I wanted to put there, but sometimes a bit different, as if I looked at the wrong place in a Mandelbrot graphic...

The filenames though, they looked either very strange or directories were empty where something should be. I fear my data is lost, even if I try to maintain a little bit of hope.......