Sign in to follow this  
Guest Francesco bat

Help ! Data exceeds the size of the media

Guest Francesco bat

Hello to everybody !

I hope someone help me !

Suddenly Cdburnerxp pro does this error: Data exceeds the size of the media

I insert the disc from 700 MB i want to burn, but Cdburner see it like a cd already with 4 GB written on cd from 700 MB !!!!!!!! :o:o:o

The cds are Verbatim and i have used always these and i had never problems before.

I uninstalled Cdburner and i installed it another time but it continue to do this.

What can i do ?

I have Win98 SE and Cdburnerxp pro 3.0.116

Thank you to every positive or negative reply !

Bye

Francesco bat

I'm guessing it's some sort of windows error. I went to Win2kPro to eliminate a lot of errors win98 created. I didn't run win98se much myself because of serious DDE problems. I recently burnt both 700meg and 650meg disks, all went perfectly. BTW, the 650meg disk was for a very old pc that couldn't handle 700s..

Guest Francesco bat

I have tried with cd Verbatim and cd TDK, but it continues to do this.

I insert the cd empty to burn Cd Dates and i see under of the screen the red line with "Data exceeds the size of the media".

In disc information it says: "Free Space: 702,82 MB" "Used Space: 4194304,00 MB" :o

I have tried to go to burn cd audio and there it's all right and Cdburner doesn't says me "Data exceeds the size of the media".

I have tried to change Cd Burner with the other that i have (from "E" to "G") and with the other this doesn't happen !

Bye

Francesco bat

I have tried with cd Verbatim and cd TDK, but it continues to do this.

I insert the cd empty to burn Cd Dates and i see under of the screen the red line with "Data exceeds the size of the media".

In disc information it says: "Free Space: 702,82 MB" "Used Space: 4194304,00 MB" :o

I have tried to go to burn cd audio and there it's all right and Cdburner doesn't says me "Data exceeds the size of the media".

I have tried to change Cd Burner with the other that i have (from "E" to "G") and with the other this doesn't happen !

Bye

Francesco bat

Ok see now i have a simular issue. (running windows 2000 SP4 and CDBurnxp pro 3 ver. 3.0.116

when selecting create audio cd and i drag even a simple 6MB MP3 over and drop it I get the same message. 'Data Exceeds the size of the Media' and looking at the lower status bar, I see ON DISC 0.00MB / TOTAL EST SIZE: 32.57MB / REMAINING SIZE: -32.57 ( Higlighted in red! thats right.. negative) I have tried several different blank cdrs and shows same. Now this is only if im trying to convert MP3/wav/etc.. to audio cd. If I select create data cd from main menu I see the blank space and free space perfectly. I burn just fine, now also if i am in the audio creation window and i drag a file down, and it shows the size error, I go ahead and click on burn, now it tells me ' The Layout contains more data than the media can store .. Do you want to continue. ?' now if i select yes .. I can still burn... so the burning works.. either way.