Sign in to follow this  
Guest MartinK

Got Writing Error (3), maybe incompatible ISO file?

Guest MartinK

Hi,

I wanted to write an ISO file (video dvd) with "write iso image" ...

But when starting burn process, I've got:

Writing Error: (3) Error closing DVD-R RZone [ ] [ ] Error trying to write past the end of the media (1021) [ ] [ ] Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 5 ASC: 21 ASCQ:0

There are two things, which annoying me.

I couldn't burn this image :?

I couldn't copy&paste the error out of the log list, so I've hat to write it manually here.

By the way, the brackets above are rectangles shown in the log list. To me it looks like missinterpreted 0x0D,0x0A :wink:

Info: I had also problems using NERO to burn this image. Finally I've mounted this dvd image with DAEMON TOOLS and made "Copy DVD" with NERO.

AFAIK the image was created by using "dd -if /dev/hdc -of test.iso"

I'm using CDBurnerXP Pro v. 3.0.116, Win2k SP4, Adaptec ASPI v.4.6, LG GSA 4163B

That's too much for our program at the moment (due to a bug) ;)

So it can't work.

So, where is the iso file size limit ?

It would be better to insert a file size check and plot an better understanding error message then "writing error 13".

And, is it possible to make the log text "copy&paste"able? (e.g. change TreeCtrl to MemoField or something like that)

Is it fixed now? I am having a similar problem with version 3.0.116 :(

Writing Error: (3)  Error closing DVD+R Session/BorderError closing Lead-in ar...

That's as far as I can read...

Guest diogosales

I have the exact same problem mentioned at the start of this thread with a file about that long. Can't you tell us when is a new version to come out? Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.