Sign in to follow this  
gotitdownpat

wierd file sizes when trying to create ISO

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, and i may just be doing something wrong. But whenever I try to create an ISO file, it seems the file sizes come out reallly odd. An example, a cd with 625 MB shows as having 1152 MB, and of course the ISO when created is 1152MB not 625. I had one show as 1762 MB... Dont know why this is happening. Does any one have a suggestion? Thanks.

Which program shows that? A CD can never have 1+GB data ;)

Yes I realize that. That was the point i was making. When trying to CREATE AN ISO with cdburnerXP, I would create the file list per the instructions, but when the files would be copied onto the file list, the file would show sizes which were totally invalid. For example, I tried to copy a source disc i bought so i could install from the copy and keep the original safely stored. The source disc had 625 MB on it. When the file list was populated, the "image" showed a file size of 1125 MB. We both know this is untrue and impossible, but that was what it reported. The actual created image file actually reflected the file size which was reported (1125MB). I closed cdburnerXP and restarted it, tried again. Same thing. Tried another disc to see what would happen, similar result. I think i must be doing something wrong except i dont know what. That is what i am asking for help on. Thanks/Vielen Dank