Sign in to follow this  
matty79m

[C] Wrong DVD-RW burn speed detection after update

I recently updated to the latest version 4.0.024.439 and was suprised that this version does not detect the correct DVD-RW burning speed for my burner (NEC ND-1300A with latest official firmware 1.0B). CDBurnerXP offers me to burn at 2.4x speed only, but that is too fast for my burner (max 2.0x). Overriding speed detection is not satisfying because it offers 1.0x as the only other burning speed (I don't want to waste half an hour for each recording).

After trying version 4.0.024.438 (same problem), I ended up going back to version 4.0.022.370 in which this problem does not occur (the correct speed of 2.0x is shown).

DVD-RW media used is a new Verbatim 4.0x (yes, new, though there are 6x on the market that did not work on my computer). Operating system is Windows XP Pro. Error occurs also with administrator priviledges.

I hope that the speed will be detected correctly in future versions - as CDBurnerXP already did in version 4.0.022.370.

If you need more information on the problem, please post your requests.

(I hope my English is understandable...)

I looked into it now. Actually, this is only a display problem and not so much a real detection problem. Will be fixed in the next version nonetheless.

I tried to copy a 8,5 GB double layer DVD but in the middle of thew burning I was told that it did not succeed.

I tried 3 times with same result. It burned with high speed. To high?

Then I spoke to the service guys at PC City, Upplands Väsby, and they told me I need to update the Liteon frame ware.

I did that and got a new "KLOP-update" with a SMART function which should control the speed.

Do you use this function and shall I test again or wait for implement?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.