Sign in to follow this  
floele

Corrupted media files

So I'm trying to back up a bunch of .AVIs onto a DVD+R using my LG 4081B burner. For some reason the files turn out severely corrupted. They show up fine in explorer but fail to load completely in Windows Media Player and show only 5 to 10 seconds of video on players more capable at handling damaged files. I'm unsure whether it has anything to do with CDBurnerXP, but being rather new to this whole business I figured I'd ask for help.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe you try to copy the files to your disc from CD again and test if they work then.

You could also try a second time if this error recurs.

I've already tried three DVDs, none of which worked. Copying to disk changed the WMP error message from "Unknown error" to "Corrupted or unsupported file", while other players remain unaffected. The originals work as before, so I doubt it's codec related or anything of the kind.

quote:
Originally posted by Flip

The originals work as before, so I doubt it's codec related or anything of the kind.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yes, I also think that. Now you should test if the problem is your PC and not CDBurnerXP Pro, for that try another program like Deepburner(.com) or burnatonce(.com) [most relieable yet] and burn your files. If that works, CDBurnerXP Pro may have a bug. BTW, did you try the burning Data Mode 2XA (you can choose that in burning window)? If not, try it. That might solve your problems.

Hmm...

I can't seem to locate the Data Mode 2XA. Here's what I'm doing: click on DVD+-R/RW, select and add files, click write DVD. A window opens which I assume is the burning window, but the only things I can change are the write speed, label, and the ISO radio buttons. No advanced tab like in the help file.

I'll try my luck with another program.

Yes, I forgot that this function is only available for CD-RW. But I couldn't test, because I don't have a DVD-burner yet. [:(]

Guest Newbie

I have this problem as well (but with DVD+-RW).

Has any1 sorted this?

Guest Newbie

Yes, they're standard *avi, *mov, *mp3 files playable on all media players

Hm, I can only tell you that it is working fine with CD-R(W). Looks like it is a bug, maybe next version will fix it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.