Sign in to follow this  
Locash

Error converting .nrg to iso [Fixed]

Hey when i try and convert a .nrg file to .iso so i can burn the image CDburner XP throws up and error and creates a 0KB ISO file.

Any ideas on what can be causing this?

I have submitted the error log

Thanks for the quick reply, The .nrg is not corrupt i have burned it off successfully and installed a linux OS from it. Double checked with ISO buster as you suggested and that doesnt give any errors either.

Hm, what kind of error you got? One of these you can send per E-Mail or just an alert box? If you send this bug per mail, then I think (or hope) it can be fixed. I can't give you any more tips, apart from things like make sure that file is not in use etc.

Do other nrg-images work when converting?

Heya, Its an alert box error giving me the option to send in a report which i have done, the file is also not in use. Trying another .nrg file is tricky as i dont own a version of Nero Burning Rom

Ok I downloaded a trial version of a program called Magic ISO, this tool managed to convert the .nrg to .iso without a problem so i looks like its an error within CDBurner XP.

quote:
Originally posted by Locash

Ok I downloaded a trial version of a program called Magic ISO, this tool managed to convert the .nrg to .iso without a problem so i looks like its an error within CDBurner XP.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yes, I think so too [:D]

Can't you create any other NRG-file with that tool to make a test? It might be interesting to know if CDBXPP has problems with all nrg-files or just that one.

Unfortunatly it can only convert .imagetype > .iso and not in reverse. If i have time i will try to see if there is a trial version of Nero and use that.

Ok I downloaded that trial version of Nero and ran two tests. First test i made a .nrg from a CD which CDBXPP converted without a problem. Second test i created a .nrg from a DVD, CDBXPP failed with the same error trying to covert the file. It looks like the .nrg's for DVD images have a diffrent header or some weirdness that CDBXPP doesnt know how to handle.

Hope this info helps

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.