Adding To Previously Burnt Data.

Hi. Firstly I'd like to say I think CDB is great. However, I have a problem using it. Although I have read the Help, I can't always add further data to a CD-RW which has already got some data on it. I sometimes manage it and, although I think I'm doing the same thing every time, I'm obvioudly going wrong somewhere. I'm not at all clear about the "compilation" aspect and I think I'm messing things up in that area. Could someone who is familiar with CDBurner give me a "click-by-click" guide how to do the "adding-to" exercise properly,please.?

Cheers. alpha. :?:

Thanks Flo. I guess I overstated my case by asking for a "click-by-click guide", as I certainly didn't expect anyone to provide a tutorial.! I've had CDB for quite a while and have done a lot of multiple burns to disc without any problems but,although I've studied Help and the information at your link and tried it many times,I STILL can't work out how to add to a disc that already has stuff on it. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, so that I can use all the part-empty discs I have already collected.! Cheers, Alpha. :?

Hi. I would be grateful if a more experienced CDBurner user could respond to my posting of June 28,please. Although I have made further efforts to solve my problem, I'm still just as fazed by it and even more frustrated , because I'm sure there is a simple answer. !! Cheers, Alpha. :x

OK Flo,here goes. New Compilation screen.Click first option (the nearest to what I want to do !)>Continue MultiSession Disc? screen.Select Continue Disc>Main Screen.Remove any previously listed (and already burnt on to the disc) files from bottom panel and Add new files to be added to disc.Click Burn button>Write CD/DVD Screen.Click Boot Options.Check Make Disc Bootable.Change Emulation Type from Floppy to HardDisc.OK>Next Screen.Test Write and Verify Data already checked.Write Disc>Information Message.OK.Write Disc>Information Message.OK.Events List completed.Done. RESULT. Nothing added to disc.!! I hope that's detailed enough for your purpose. Cheers, Alpha.

Sorry Flo, I guess I didn't make myself clear when I said ".Remove any previously listed (and already burnt on to the disc) files from bottom panel and Add new files to be added to disc". What I meant was that I removed any files still listed in the bottom panel from the previous burn, as I did not want to DUPLICATE them on the same disc--only ADD the new files to the files already on the disc. I hope that's clearer. Cheers, Alpha.

Hi Flo. I have been trying to solve my problem since my posting of 6 July and have found that if I include all the files which are already burnt onto the disc in the compilation, I can then add additional files to it. However,when there is already a lot of files on the disc,this can be quite laborious and I'm sure there is a better procedure. Hoping to hear from you soon. Cheers, Alpha.

Hehe, you shouldn't expect an answer from Fredrik and Stefan, they are (at least supposed to be) busy developing CDBXP. Answering support questions only slows them down...the releases already take long enough.

you shouldn't expect an answer from Fredrik and Stefan.

Heh Flo. I wasn't expecting an answer from anyone in particular and was certainly not aiming at any hardworking Admin guys.!! I'm used to forums and message boards where a plea for guidance nearly always produces a number of helpful responses and I had in mind the 400 views of this thread - presumably all by CDB users,many of whom must surely know the answer to my query. Hoping to hear from one (or more!) of you guys. Cheers, Alpha.

Well, that's me so to speak .[

Heh.Flo -- OK OK, so that's you relieved of further duty on this issue but I 'm still hoping to persuade one or more of the Viewers (total views now 431!!) to come forward with the information I need,PLEASE. Cheers Alpha. :(

430 "views" and "viewers" are a big difference ;)

True,but if each Viewer had had 12 Views (now 528)--probably a maximum average--there are 44 guys/dolls out there who are potential sources of the information I'm asking for--- so why so reluctant to join the party?!! It really baffles me. Cheers, Alpha. :( (Get the cheers whilst available. I haven't many left.!!)