Sign in to follow this  
remleys_west

Windows XP Pro image with Acronis software - bootable CD

:?::?::?:

I am trying to create a bootable CD with an Acronis True Image of a Windows XP Pro SP2 workstation with all software installed on it.

The only bootable CD choice is Floppy and I need it to boot from the CD to run the Acronis software to restore the image or create a new one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I can setup the drive as a boot drive.

What I am trying to do is create a bootable WinXPPro CD with Acronis True Image on it. :o

Well, I can't offer support for this program. If you need help with CDBurnerXP you can find several helpful topics about WinXP bootdiscs in forum.

:(

All I need is a way to make a CD bootable with Windows XP Pro operating system files, just like we used to do with Windows 98 SE when we made a startup disk.

I then want to write files to the CD to use for other purposes after booting to the CD.

Hello :)

With acronis, you must create a "Emergency Boot cdrom", available on the left of the main plateform.

For the image, you must use your favorite burner to save your image of XP on a separate cd or DVD.

For restore a system (after a crash), you insert the boot cdrom of acronis to start the application.

After the program ask to insert the support with the image to restore.

Keep in mind, with Acronis, it's impossible to create a cdrom/dvd with boot sector and image on the same cdrom/dvd :wink:

Cliqueurfou

To create an Acronis True Image boot cd which includes Images.

You will need UltraIso.

First make an Acronis boot cd useing a rewritable cd as you will not need it after.

Run UltraIso and insert Acronis boot cd, click Bootable tab at top,

select - Extract boot file from cd - click make to save it.

Now select your Acronis boot cd from the bottom window and drag everything in the bottom right window to the top window.

Select your Images from drive C if thats where you saved them and do the same.

Next click Bootable tab, select - Load boot file - to load the one you just saved.

Now from the File tab select - Save as - to save everything as an Iso image.

Click Burn cd Icon to create your cd.

Good luck

Greg