Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gandalf386

Music CD's

Guest Gandalf386

I am new to burning music CD's. The tracks burn fine and play alright on my computer, but won't play in my car or on some other computer cd players. The tracks are MP3's.

Any suggestions? :(

They were burned using the music function. Could there be a problem with the disk? I am trying a CD-RW. Also could there be something wrong with the format (MP3) I am using. Is there a particular music format that will work on all systems?

Thanks

Guest nancydrew

I don't know if this will help.

I had a similar problem using "Nero" burning program.

I made a bunch of CD's ( an inexpensive brand) and they played on some players but not on others.

I burned the songs again, the same way, onto CD's from a different brand ( Memorex) and the problem was solved.

hope this helps.

Guest fwe

Cd-RW's will not play on players other than the computer they were recorded on, or possibly another computer. They won't play on car players or other CD players.

Cd-RW's will not play on players other than the computer they were recorded on, or possibly another computer. They won't play on car players or other CD players.

Right. Good that you reminded me of that, because this was not said in helpfile. I added it to the future one.

Thanks for the help.

Just to let everyone know, I am using the CDBurnerXP Pro software.

Does anyone know if you can split tracks with this software. I have some album downloads that play as a single track.

Guest taosu

fwe wrote:

Two letters: BS. Every CD-RW I've burnt has worked on every cd and dvd player I've tried that was newer than 10 years old. The common misinformation that CD-RW don't work as audio CDs is true for only the really really old cheap cd players. So Gandalf386, this is not your problem. It sounds like you burnt an MP3 CD, or possibly a data CD with MP3s on it. This is NOT an audio CD. When CDBurner XP starts up, make sure that you select the "Create a new Audio-CD" option rather than "Creat a new Data-CD/RW". The burning program should automatically convert the MP3s to WAV files as it burns the CD in the Audio-CD format that can be played on all CD players. If this doesn't work, then the only thing I can suggest is buy higher quality CD-Rs, like Sony or TDK, or don't run any other programs in the background as you are burning.

Gandalf386 wrote:

Does anyone know if you can split tracks with this software. I have some album downloads that play as a single track.

The easiest way to extract individual MP3s from an album wrap MP3 is to use AlbumWrap Extractor. You can download it from here: http://www.infamus.com/albumwrap/extractor.html

:firefox:

So Gandalf386, this is not your problem. It sounds like you burnt an MP3 CD, or possibly a data CD with MP3s on it. This is NOT an audio CD.

He already said that he used the audio- and not data-disc feature.

Guest taosu

He already said that he used the audio- and not data-disc feature.

oops. my bad.