I have five different sets of files that I want to back up to five different CD-RWs every night. Last night I backed up my sets of files for the first time using CDBurnerXP Pro. I was then able to browse the five discs. Tonight I wanted to refresh the five discs. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I wound up with the first disc showing 215 MB of data according to CDBurnerXP Pro. When I tried to browse the disc by clicking on my CD-RW drive, however, the disc was empty according to Windows. A disc with 215 MB of data that can't be read is a worthless disc.

Please tell me how to refresh a data disc so that it can be read. Clicking on Refresh Disc in Disc Tools makes nothing happen. Clicking on Refresh Disc in the Disc drop-down menu also does nothing. I should be able to refresh the files on my first data disc a dozen times before the disc is filled up and I have to erase it and start all over again. Is there a way to do that using CDBurnerXP Pro?

Ed

You mean that you want to "update" your files on disc? This is not possible yet, you would have to erase your disc and then add the files again.

If you don't want to add all these files manually again, you can save your compilation once complete (File->Save as) and then open it again when you burn the next CD. However, as I already said, you have to delete the files that are on your CD before burning.