Sign in to follow this  

Drive incompatibility appears after burning CD. Why?

Originally installed CDBurnerXP to write ISO files. The first time it did. The CD was created and worked.

When I again tried to create a CD from an iso file, I was informed that "There are no compatible CDR drives reported. Some older CDR drives are not currently supported."

I uninstalled the software, rebooted and reinstalled the software. Still the same response.

I suppose this is most upsetting because it worked when first installed but would not work thereafter.

My questions are these. Where are the .ini and other configuration files stored? What are their names? Is there any way to override this behavior? Are all configuration files removed when uninstalled?

Thanks

I've had a similar problem. XP worked fine for the first few burns (data CD/audio CD), but now XP tells me that I don't have a recognized drive (same message as above). Help anyone?

Guest SOUSOU

I've had a similar problem. XP worked fine for the first few burns (data CD/audio CD), but now XP tells me that I don't have a recognized drive (same message as above). Help anyone?

I have similar problem. At the end of burning, Cdburner no longer recognize the drive and, of course refuse to work again. I'm waiting for the solution. May be buy Nero ? Cdburner cost me a lot in Cd !!!