Sign in to follow this  
floele

CDBurnerXP without .NET

Guest Bad_Element

Are you able to Shrink whole Albums down to size with this softwear on to a 80 minutes disk ?

if you can't can someone tell me where i can find free softwear that will do this

Bluntly:

Only a complete moron (or mindless anti-MS zealot which amounts ot the same thing) disparages .Net. It's fully cross patform, well documented, embedded in XP (yes kids, it is indeed in the original XP build) and is already the basis for most commercial software products on the market today. Speaking from a dev shop perspective, it reduces dev costs enormously and being fully OO makes life a LOT simpler.

Forcing this dev to do a non-.Net implementation is like putting lawnmower tires on a Porsche.

'nuff said.

By the way, not all XPs work with .Net by default.

Most business OSs use C++.

.Net is an option for the business edition of XP, but it's C++ by default.

it works but when i try to open the preferences (options) panel it crashes without any error message... :(

i prefer download the 3.x version again, it was more stable and nicer.

however thanks for your quick reply.

http://www.google.com

Guest Yeah Right

By the way, not all XPs work with .Net by default.

Most business OSs use C++.

.Net is an option for the business edition of XP, but it's C++ by default.

Guest Guest

Bluntly:

Only a complete moron (or mindless anti-MS zealot which amounts ot the same thing) disparages .Net. It's fully cross patform, well documented, embedded in XP (yes kids, it is indeed in the original XP build) and is already the basis for most commercial software products on the market today. Speaking from a dev shop perspective, it reduces dev costs enormously and being fully OO makes life a LOT simpler.

Forcing this dev to do a non-.Net implementation is like putting lawnmower tires on a Porsche.

'nuff said.

m$ edjumcated devs love the .net but it sucks for the end user. It's flawed in execution and concept (for end users) and has undesirable side effects. m$ will find some way to grow their proprietary monopoly and Apple will stay enclosed in it's own crap...for the rest of us that are tired of not having choices we can wake up and get a real, stable, free OS by using a Linux distro or one of the BSDs. I look forward to the day when WINE is obsolete because m$ will be too.

I installed .Net and then 3.5.110.7 Beta. When a DVD is burned, either erasing or adding files it does not complete properly. It appears to go into a loop that will time out after a minute or so. The files are burned on the DVD OK.

This problem did not exist with the Alpha version. While it is not a show stopper it is annoying. Especially with everything else used so far being spot on and incredibily competent.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

javascript:emoticon(':firefox:')

Firefox

I installed .Net and then 3.5.110.7 Beta. ...

This problem did not exist with the Alpha version.

3.5.101.7 is an alpha version as well. So you mean it worked in 3.5.101.6?

This actually is the latest stable version ;)

Well, I didn't experience this problem yet so I can't tell you if this bug can be fixed if we can't reproduce it.

After deciding to try a .Net-less install I removed .Net and cdbxp_setup_3.5.101.7.exe.

Next I placed cdbxp_runtimes.exe and cdbxp_setup_3.5.101.7.exe in the same folder.

Then I initialized cdbxp_setup_3.5.101.7.exe. It still needs .Net.

How do I get by this?

Thanks

Guest Konstantin

Excellent, efficient and simple program. What about Greek language ? It is not supported ? Greek characters are not displayed on the copy

Neverthless, It certainly asked for my installation of .net; which I had to do.

BTW is there a way to span CDs with this burner so I can copy LARGE files to CDS?

cheers-Herb.

Guest Tom Treadwell

I now have the latest version of this freeware and find it more responsive than the earlier versions. I have yet to put it to the test but will shortly. My question to these experts is this; how much trouble is it to add an encoder to CDBURNERXP PRO? It would be nice to have a good fast encoder for some video that we are working on. Let me know and thanks.

Tom T. :idea: