Sign in to follow this  
Guest lostindoubts

Can't rewrite on a DVD+RW

Guest lostindoubts

I'm having a major problem when trying to burn an iso image onto DVD+RW. In spite of having erased the previous data with the built-in tool, when trying to burn I get the error message "The loaded disc is not empty. Please insert an empty disc and try again."

I've tried both Quick and Full erase, and later also tried using Sonic's Drive Letter Access (DLA) to format the media, first quick format and then full, but I always get the same result. Burning with full administrator privileges doesn't help either.

The media are quite new and used only once (one is Sony and the other is Ricoh); the first burn I did on them was with this program and on the same computer, so it should have worked. My drive is a DVDRAM GMA-4028N from HL-DT-ST and my CD Burner version is 3.0.116. I read other people's posts with similar problems and I suspect it may be a bug of this version, although they mention different error messages like "Data exceeds the size of the media". When I look up the information for the disc on the program it says the disc is closed but no file system is detected. Any ideas?

No answer yet? OK, sorry guys but I'm going to uninstall this program right now. It doesn't meet my needs and, even worse, opens a back door in my computer:

http://secunia.com/advisories/23535/

Thanks to the developers for the work but currently they seem to be clueless. They keep postponing even security fixes and announcing a new release while there's not even an official bug list on the website! In my opinion, this bloatware should be stripped down to the essentials. Performance is very poor, I have to wait for one minute after clicking each button. If this project is to survive, please release fixes RIGHT NOW.

I have the same problem as "lostindoubts". There is not way to format properly in order to rewrite ISO files! I needed this function, since I'm testing with Boot-CD and have erase the ISO frequently. Only if zou use a brandnew CD or DVD the iso file will be written properly.

This bug need an urgent fix - I would like to stay with this otherwise quite nice program!

Guest Marre

I have the exact same problem burning to a DVD RW. I Have a Nec ND-1300A burner and running CDBurner XP Pro v3.0.116. Cant live without this feature either so I'm afraid I have to go elsewhere while I wait for this to be fixed.

/Martin