Sign in to follow this  
floele

XP Pro freezes while attemptinmg to burn

Hello.

My computer freezes each time I attempt to burn an audio cd. I thought it was the software. The CDBurner XP is the 3rd program I have tried. I did have a working copy of Roxio. It was the first program to freeze. I have the XP Pro operating system pentium 4 254 ram and 2 cd-roms. I use my sony 48x. Any suggestions? I know that XP has some problems.[:(]

Thank you.

So every program failed until know to burn a CD? If so, try updating the drive's firmware, check if all drivers are correctly installed and try to test your burner on another PC to be sure, that everything is alright with the burner.

Thank you.

Unfortunately the Roxio worked up until recently. That"s why I got rid of it and tried other programs. (I didn't like it much anyway.) This freezing coincided with problems I was having in Office 2000. I have since upgraded to Office 2002. Any connections? Oh, in addidtion I accidently restored my system with WinRescue XP. After completion I had to reinstall my two cd drives with the help of a microsoft help site.

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by dontcallmebob

Unfortunately the Roxio worked up until recently.

id="quote">

id="quote">

So it doesn't work anymore now?

quote:

That"s why I got rid of it and tried other programs. (I didn't like it much anyway.) This freezing coincided with problems I was having in Office 2000.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Usually WinXP does not freeze in Office. It seems like your whole system is a bit damaged. Does it freeze only if you do special actions or does it occur by chanche?

quote:

I have since upgraded to Office 2002. Any connections?

id="quote">

id="quote">

No, shouldn't be.

quote:

Oh, in addidtion I accidently restored my system with WinRescue XP. After completion I had to reinstall my two cd drives with the help of a microsoft help site.

id="quote">

id="quote">

That does not sound very good...maybe you should try to reinstall (not! restore) your whole system, only keeping your Personal Documents and what else you need, but totally remove the old WinXP System. Then everything should work fine again.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.