Sign in to follow this  
Guest WayneC

Ridiculous question: why do I get folders with no content?

Guest WayneC

I'm a new user. Trying to burn a CD of existing hard drive data folders.

Using data mode, I navigate in the top left window, highlight a folder that comes up in the upper right window, and click on the "Add" icon, which then shows the folder in the lower right window and in the lower left window.

Repeat for more folders.

Then I burn a CD and all I get are empty folders, no folders or files within those folders.

I try again, this time I highlight the folder as it appears in the lower left window, and sure enough the folder is empty. If I highlight "New_Compilation in the lower left window, only the highest-level folders folders I added appear in the lower right window, no plus sign, and if I highlight one of those folders, nothing appears in the lower right window (eg, the folders are empty). No point burning another bad CD. I'm attaching a jpg file showing the CDBurnerXP Pro window.

Surely I don't have to specify every single folder and file within every folder I wish to burn.

What is the problem????

Guest waynec

OK, thanks... I already had the right version of scrrun.dll, but the suggestion to issue the command in WinXP Run worked: regsvr32 "C:\Winnt\System32\scrrun.dll"

I'd have never come up with that on my own in a million years!

once you select a folder , you need to populate it with files that appear in the same window as the folder appears , then you simply drop and drag files into it .But u MUST do this BEFORE you attempt to burn it . simple ?? ( It is an excellent feature dont u think ??)