Sign in to follow this  
djaneb

space between tracks

Hello

I downloaded the latest version.

I am trying to create audio cd with no space between tracks - on the feature page it says that it is possible but I can't find the way to do it as instructed in the help file ... similar problem with audio editor, though I read on the forum that it has been removed (though it is in the help file).

Has the ability to remove space between tracks also been removed?

Many thanks

Deborah

You can create a gapless CD (without spaces, or pauses between the tracks -- which is necessary in the case of live albums) by clicking on the arrow near the 'Burn' button, and then selecting the option: "Burn and let me choose settings". Burn your CD and a dialog box will open where you can choose to make a Disc At Once, a Track At Once, or a Session At Once compilation. Select Disc At Once and Write, but note that - as it's explained in the Help file - "some burners do NOT support Disc-at-once writing method".

OK - thank you very much. I had chosen that option but when I got the dialogue box I thought I had done something wrong because I am used on the other software of doing it track by track - I am burning talks where I want no gap between the first 10 tracks, then a gap, then no gap between the next 10 tracks.

Many thanks for your help

Guest Isaac

In that case you need to do disc at once (gapless) but first take the 10th track to a music editor program like Audacity and insert whatever length silence you want.

I recommend Audacity because it's free, it's easy to use and I LOVE what I can do with it

when i click on 'burn disc, choose my own settings', i do get the list of the three options that are mentioned, but am unable to click on 'disc at once', as it is not 'live', or highlighted.

Guest Radjaroy

I recommend Audacity because it's free, it's easy to use and I LOVE what I can do with it

You have to create silence 'in the track'. There should be a button for creating silence. So you're actaully not adding speace between the tracks just creating silence. That is, just add silence in the beginning of the tracj of your choice and save the file.

Guest mike

ive done everything listed but theres still a gap... a very noticable one at that. are you talking about the software that cost money? or the one thats free?