Sign in to follow this  
dacj501

Insists no cd in drive

Ok, I was wary that the software wouldn't recognize my old drive, but it shows fine, drive opens and closes with interface buttons - but when I put in a blank cdr the software does not recognize it...is it a drive problem? software problem?? any help appreciated!

To test if it is a drive problem, you could make a test with any other burning progam (Nero, DeepBurner, Burnatonce etc.). If they also don't work, it is a drive/system-problem.

However, I think if at all, it is a problem with CDBurnerXP Pro. What happens if you don't insert a disc, then choose Data Burning and add the data you want to burn, then insert the CD and after that click on burn?

BTW, does CDBXPP not recognzie your drive anymore (after disc is inserted) or does it not recoginze that a disc is inerted?