Sign in to follow this  
pink_popciclez

Noob - and I need some assistance.

I have burned audio cd's before - and I understand that.., and this will seem like a silly question.. but, Ive tried burning a movie, and it wont fit on my Sony DVD-R, so can anyone tell me how to put a dvd onto two disks? or if it is possible to make the files smaller to cram it all onto one disk? any ideas/advice would be great!! thanks in advance :?

what type of files are you attempting to burn? .vob?

do you have video.ts and audio.ts folders?

Keep in mind, if you burn them with CDBXPP, you may not be able to play them on a stand alone DVD player....

im trying to burn .VOB and .BUP, I have the video_ts file, but not the audio, because i just followed the dvd shrink instructions, and it said to select the video_ts folder.. also, I realize they may not play, but ive played burned dvds from other people on my dvd player, so i dont see why it shouldnt work.

ive played burned dvds from other people on my dvd player, so i dont see why it shouldnt work.

Because CDBXPP does not burn UDF file format, which is the DVD standard. Some DVD players will read them.

Now, to make these files small enough to fit on a standard DVD-R or +R, you will need software such as the excellent freeware DVDShrink (www.dvdshrink.org) to reduce them to under 4.7 GB. There may be some quality loss, but usually it is imperceptible to the casual viewer, but might be very noticable to HDTV viewers...