Guest Rasputin

Impossible to install

Guest Rasputin

unzipped and run setup file

error window opens: '1155: File INSTMSIA.EXE not found' and installation stops

What to do?

Running Windows 98SE, with aspi drivers

Guest Guest

What about when you get the message "CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi cannot be found"? I'm trying to uninstall, because of the annoying problem with it automatically shortening filenames every time I try to write a new ISO 2 session. I know it's not really a "filename" problem - it is actually changing the ISO format (even though I choose ISO 2 every time).

Anyway, I'm trying to uninstall, and keep getting an error. Nothing will make you hate a program more than making it impossible to get rid of it. Save that trick for MS and IE...

:firefox:

Yep... nice FAQ & thread. Too bad it didn't solve the problem.

Still can't uninstall. I get one of two errors every time. First, it can't find the .msi file, then it says it can't run the installer program. I've reloaded WindowsInstaller31-KB893803-v2-x86.exe a half dozen times. Each time it says it completed correctly. However, the CDBurnXP setup says "installer isn't installed, or system is running in safe mode".

I'm getting ready to remove it manually, and clean the registry by hand...

Of course it solves the problem - at least it should. You have to download that MSI file and tell the installer where it is. Then uninstallation should work.

I did exactly that, and it didn't work. The filenames don't match (the DL file you refer to vs. the missing file the error message asks for). I tried with the DL file, then with renaming the DL file to match the error message. Then, I started an install and didn't press "next" after it extracted the files. I went and grabbed the extracted .msi file, and tried pointing to that. Still failed! I've tried about every angle there is to try, and I cannot get this to uninstall.

This reminds me of the time a friend asked me to check out his computer. He somehow had gotten Coolweb Search on his system. CDBurnerXP is about as easy to remove as Coolweb Search was to remove from his system. It took me a total of 4 hours over the course of two days to finally clean his system... At least I was able to get rid of Coolweb Search. That's mora than I can say for uninstalling CDBurnerXP. :shock:

Well, I have to admit that your setup engine is not a very good one, but because of this our next version uses a greatly improved setup engine to prevent problems like that in the future.

It's not like I get to choose setup engines... I'm using what MS provides. I have the latest XP updated one installed. :?