Sign in to follow this  
Guest kinseyjames1

No Compatible CDR drive reported message

Guest kinseyjames1

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of cdburner and have had hit or miss luck using the program. The first dozen or so times I tried to burn an audio cd, I got the following error message: No Compatible CDR drive reported. Some older CDR drives are not supported.

I gave up on it for a few months, then tried it yesterday. Imagine my surprise when it worked. Now today, the error is back.

I noticed that there is no way to enter my CDR information.

Any thoughts?

I've had this problem with Windows XP x64. CDBurner XP Pro v3.0.116, for burning audio CDs only. For data CDs it appears to have no problems. It is a strange problem. My unhappy solution ended up being using Windows Media Player 10 to burn the audio CD. In general, CDBurner XP Pro looks very nice, so I'm hoping this problem gets sorted out in due course. :)

And regards firmware update et al. - no, this problem is with the latest drivers. The CD burner is a Plextor Plexwrite 24/10/40A.