Sign in to follow this  
Henri Goffin

long filenames become short ones

Hello everybody!

I'm new to this forum as i am also a rather new user of CDBXPP (less than a handful of coasters until now).

My last experience was that i tried to extend a data DVD, i.e. write a new session. Maybe i neglected to select the Joliet filesystem but the fact is that the previous - imported- session has been altered while burning the new session: all file- and directory names have been shortened to the infamous 8+3 CAPITALS format. It was a set of HTML docs with a lot of hyperlinks and pictures. No need to say that it is now all screwed up and unusable.

I do not know if it can be considered as a bug, but at least the user should get some warning beforehand. Something like: "the previous session is a Joliet session. Converting it to an ISO Level 1 may result in a loss of information. Do you want to proceed with the media burning? Y/N"

Greetz,

Guest Guest

I have seen this problem a number of times. Each time the first session was written as ISO 2. I cannot use Joilet, because I am reading the CD on a SUN-based system (Unix). I need to use ISO extended length filenames. I started using RW disks, it got so annoying. Can't ever tell what it did until you load the CD on the Unix system...