Sign in to follow this  

CDB XP 2.2.5. disappears when scanning busses

Hello,

as I never managed to get 2.2.4. running, I desperately waited for 2.2.5.- but it still won't work. I just disappears when it's starting to scan the busses- just like it did before, when I tried to do any action:

viewtopic.php?t=214

Again, no error message, no freezing- just disappearing.

My system still is:

Athlon XP 2600+/Asus A7N8X-X/256 MB DDRAM Apacer

WinXP Professional

Regards,

Gomez

as I never managed to get 2.2.4. running, I desperately waited for 2.2.5.- but it still won't work. I just disappears when it's starting to scan the busses- just like it did before, when I tried to do any action:

Did you make sure you completely uninstalled the previous versions? I use CDBXP-Pro on 4 very different machines with 6 very different brands of drive. I have had no meaningful problems with it. Here is a list of machines and details:

Dell Precision 360 P4 3.2 GHZ, 1GB RAM Plextor 8x dual format DVD burner & Sony 48x CD burner

Home built Athlon 2600+ 1GB RAM Emprex 4x dual format DVD burner & Verbatim 48x CD burner

Dell Optiplex PIII 700 128MB RAM LiteOn 24x CD burner

Dell Precision 320 PIII 1 Ghz 256MB RAM BTC 8x burner

and this weekend I will be testing it on my laptop with a USB HP 8x burner I salvaged...

My point? Usually when you see a very unusual problem, there are causes not related to the software itself... Carrion!

Hm, I think it is more likely some kind of a bug...there are also similar problems.

However, great that such many PCs and drives are working for you. If some of them are not listed in tested drives list, you can add them.

@mamenigeer

Well, of course I've uninstalled all previous versions. Until now, any burning software worked perfectly on my system, that includes Nero 6.0, DeepBurner, MusicMatch Burning Software etc.

I suppose it is a general bug, like Flo wrote.

Tried 2.2.6. today -> same result. Still using a LiteOn 1201B LS23.

Cheers,

Gomez

Guest Brew

I have had the same problem the last few releases. However, after installing 2.2.26 today I receive an error here is the text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

Hope that helps someone figure out why it does this...

TTFN

Tim

Guest Talon_Sr

After selecting a project, the app closes. It also happens after scanning IDE busses. WinXP Pro. All other burning software works. And I have a bunch. This program is porked.

@Brew:

Your problem ist "CursorXP.exe". You should uninstall and install it again. This program, I think you know, makes it possible to style your MoueCursors (however, it takes some ressources).

Guest Talon_Sr

out of the ordinary. And I don't get any error messages. The app still quits. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, same results. It appears there's a hangup somewhere in the scanning of the IDE busses. This reminds me of all the problems I had with the Patin Couffin engine or protocol with Elby software. I'm using a RAID 0 config on an ABIT BD7 II R mobo with HighPoint drivers. I also run a small IDE HDD on Primary IDE 1 master with a Pioneer 105 DVD-RW as slave and a LG 4040B DVD-RAM as master on Secondary IDE with a Sony CRX230E CD-RW as slave. I'm running IAA 2.3.0.2160. My main burning software is Nero 6.3 but RecordNow Max, Games X Copy, and some others burn fine. Oh, btw, I also have Virtual CD 5.0 installed. It just occurred to me this might be what's causing the hangup. Thoughts? I'm not willing to removew that though.

Try to deactivate all virtual CD drives...(not uninstall)...maybe that helps. Wouldn't be the first error report on this :roll:

Guest Talon_Sr

I'll try disabling the virtual drives, but that then should become a priority in an upcoming patch. That is, to have the bus scanner dismiss those as possible drives. lots of software coexist peacefully with Virtual CD, CDBurner should follow suit. Users shouldn't have to customize their platform to have this app run correctly.

Guest maupassant

Same thing happened to me ... First time I try any version of the program ... It scans the busses and disappears ...

Waste of time ...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.