Burning .ISO files

I have tried to burn a DVD image file in the form of a *.ISO onto a blank DVD. All that happens is that one file, the .ISO file is copied onto the DVD disk. How does one burn such an image file so that the movie goes on the disk and not just the single file being copied?

Thanks,

~Dave

In one post a person asked if one needed a cd burner to burn cd's, and you answered in the afirmative. Yet my question is not worthy because it's self explanatary. You won't get any donations from me with that attitude. Guess I keep looking for a viable program with forum help which is a little less wise-a$$ed about it. Have a nice life and remove my registration from this crummy board.

~Dave

Guest Recent Downloader

In one post a person asked if one needed a cd burner to burn cd's, and you answered in the afirmative. Yet my question is not worthy because it's self explanatary. You won't get any donations from me with that attitude. Guess I keep looking for a viable program with forum help which is a little less wise-a$$ed about it. Have a nice life and remove my registration from this crummy board.

~Dave

I say ,"great program" but like most app developers that I hang with, you should consider sharpening the "people skills".

Hey, Dave.

Burning an ISO is simple. When the wizard comes up, just click on New Data CD. That will bring you to the main window. All you have to do is pop an empty disc in your drive, then go to File -> Write Disc from ISO File... That will give you a little dialog where you can choose the ISO file to burn.

As for Flo, well, maybe she's (I think it's a she. I know a Flo and she's a she. Correct me if I'm wrong, Flo) busy. It's been a long time since we had any news about the new version so maybe the CDBXPP team is really plugging into it.

Can't wait to see the next stable release.

:)

In one post a person asked if one needed a cd burner to burn cd's, and you answered in the afirmative.

This wasn't explained in the helpfile.

As for Flo, well, maybe she's (I think it's a she. I know a Flo and she's a she. Correct me if I'm wrong, Flo) busy.

*cough* No, she is not a she. He is a he :-P

Anyway, I am busy indeed and I did not want to explain something I already explained in the helpfile since the helpfile would have been more detailed. Thanks for explaining it again though.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone

I'm trying to burn my ISO's that were created with DVD shrink 3.2, but it won't write the DVDD ISO content to my DVD-R or DVD+R. Even a DVD NRG that has been converted to ISO with this program has this problem. The program doesn't give an error but says after 2 sec that it has been succesfull burned and that is it. If I try to burn een CD ISO then it works fine. Is this problem solved with the latest alpha release? Because I also tried the alpha release that has been public, but same problem there.

I've been an user of deepburner for a while but the lack of a nice GUI and missing feature for burning ISO's. I've been looking for another program and came nearby this program and it's GREATER then deepburner but with the lack of DVD ISO's my problem isn't completely solved. Hopefully you guys can solve it the whole way with the new release :D

:firefox:

Guest Guest

Is there any way of burning a non-ISO raw image (e.g. tar) straight to CD? I don't see a reason why the "write disc from ISO file"-function should insist that the image it writes be ISO.

If you just want a collection of images on 1 cd/dvd then you just have to burn a data cd/dvd and not use the fuction write from ISO file. Because that function will extract the ISO onto a cd/dvd along with the bootblocks if it was a bootable cd/dvd.

never mind my question about the DVD ISO files.

I found the problem on the bug forum.

Burning ISO Images is limited to 4,2GB

My DVD ISO files are just the amount of data that can be writen on a DVD = > 4,32 GB.