Sign in to follow this  
str8lazy

Write Error: (3) 1054

I am getting a Write Error: (3) Error occured while writing data to disc. A NT disc I/O operation failed (1054). Does anyone know what this means. I am using a NEC 3504a with Samsung pleomax DVD-RW 4x

I cant do the firmware update, everytime I try to do it it tells me that there has been a flashing error. And other than that as far as I can tell all of the drivers are up to date.

A NT disc I/O operation failed (1054).

there has been a flashing error.

You have bad hardware. If your burner is under warranty, take advantage of it. If not, time to drop $40.00 on a new one...

Hey well guess what, I got a new one, and I still have the same problem, I guess that the pc that I am using just sucks to bad for it. I am going to try to throw it in another rig and see what I get.

Hey well guess what, I got a new one, and I still have the same problem, I guess that the pc that I am using just sucks to bad for it. I am going to try to throw it in another rig and see what I get.

What are your PC specs?

Hi!

What are your PC specs?

I'm getting the same error:

Wrinting Error: (3) Error occured writing data to disc. A NT disc I/O operation failed (1054). Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: FF ASC: 0 ASCQ: 57

I'm running a Samsung TS-552U DVD-Burner on a WindowsXP (SP2) machine.

Mainboard: Via k7vta3 (latest Via Hyperion drivers installed)

Processor: AMD AthlonXP 1600+

Installed software

• CDBurnerXPPro 3.0116

• Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

• Latest ASPI-Drivers

If any specs are missing let me know.

Note: DVD-Burner and hard disc are not on the same IDE-Channel. DVD-Burner is O.K., tested with Nero 6.3.x Demo.

CU

maxhb

Mine is a 1600+ as well and has no problems... But, I have a 500 watt power supply...

LOL, ask your local nuclear power plant carrier for discount.

Back to the problem: What makes me wonder is that the DVD-Burner operates well under Nero. In would have expected it to work under CDBurnerXP Pro as well as the T-HS522B Drive seems to be supported.

CU

maxhb

hey its me agian, I RMA'ed it, and then I threw it in another machine and I am getting the same problem. I am running a sempron 2400+ 256mb ram and the nd3504a of course with a 420W. I need some freakin help I truly dont know. The only thing that that I think that it could be is the power supply.

lol makes you wonder if mamengineer is working for the hardware companies .. new cd-rom .. new power supply .. what's next? hahahhaha sorry about your problem, but i'd say use nero .. as far as not being able to flash the drive, impossible - follow proper procedure; that's all folks :)

lol makes you wonder if mamengineer is working for the hardware companies ..

Naaahhh... I'm a land surveyor.

Inability to be flashed indicates a bad drive. Power problems indicate a bad power supply, or bad power period.

hey guyz its me again, I know that the hardware isnt bad, and I just got a new power supply, it has a 550W max output and I still get the same error. I would have used nero, but everytime i use that, it freezes. So I really dont know what to do. Are there options somewhere for me to change the amount of power for the burner?

Guest Doc

For the record, I get the same message.

Write Error: (3) Error occurred writing data to disc.

A NT disc I/O operation failed (1054).

Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: FF ASC: 0 ASCQ: 57

Drive is a Sony CD-RW CRX160E Microsoft driver version 5.0.2183.1

Windows 2000 SP 4

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.