Sign in to follow this  
Guest khodre

No compatible drives in Data Mode

Guest khodre

I have a HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 with firmware 2.0 (the latest). The program sees the drive and can burn to it for an audio CD or for an ISO but when I choose Data, it displays "no compatible drive" which is weird since I've used the program to burn audio and ISO disks. Any Ideas?

Guest andrewwa

I've the same problem: my laptop is hp pavillon dv6 windows7 x64 Amd M600 4,0GB Ram.

it is possible that the problem is the usb key for umts? In the computer's properties it is as a burning drive

Guest bhk

No ideas! but unfortunally I also have the same problem.

My hardware is: Dell 1520 with HL-DT-ST DVD +-RW GT10N (OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit).

Guest crack

This guy needs to get this fixed or he's gonna lose a huge chunk of his user base as more of them convert to Windows 7. Having to install 3rd party driver programs from intel and ati is not a good solution. Thanks for this burning program but until it's fixed I would find something else.

Guest khodre

Update: 4-16-10

I tried everything thing and the final thing I tried fixed the problem for me. I downloaded the latest Sata Raid drivers for my motherboard (Gigabyte EX-58-UD5) and installed them. I was able to see my driver in data mode after rebooting.

Thanks for all the replys.

Guest Chris123

I'm having this same problem on a HP laptop running vista. Any progress on this?

Guest Dieselman

Same problem. I made my own thread which has gone unanswered. There is always ImgBurn.

It's not actually related to Windows 7. Following the troubleshooting hints should make it work though.

In the long run, CDBurnerXP will get a better burning library in the data mode as well.

Guest Dieselman

Flo................You are very unprofessional there are tons of complaints about this issue. There is nothing in FAQ that can address my issue. The issue is with your software. Please address this soon or else I will never suggest your product to any of my customers.

Seriously, you guys calling me "unprofessional" are getting on my nerves. I'm not doing this for a living, I don't even *have* to be "professional" in the first place.

Keep in mind, that I'm developing this application using my *free time* and nothing else. And in fact, the problems you have all have not been created by me or CDBurnerXP, but it's underlying components which are being developed "professionally" and even costs a whole lot of moeny that I pay so that you can use it all for free.

@Everyone: If you have the problem that your drive is not being detected in data mode (and only there), please check if the attached test application makes any difference. Thanks.

Guest m.rup

Ups, I wasn't aware about this thread, so my previous posting (CDBurner can't find Plextor PX880SA) may be redundant. Sorry for that.

Flo, one question: You wrote 'Following the troubleshooting hints should make it work though'. Could you please give me some advice where I can find these troubleshooting hints?

I will download the test program and report the results.

Guest m.rup

Well, I downloaded the test app, unzipped it and run CSharp.DataWriter.exe. The application raised an exception, I pressed the button 'continue'.

When opening, the app did show no burning devices. Where do we go from here? Shall I post the log file?

Guest m.rup

It is an exception from Microsoft .NET Framework (Object reference not set to an instance of an object) which gives me the following details:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at NuMediaSoft.NMSDVDNet.CSSamples.DataWriter.frmMain.EnableControls(Boolean bEnable)

at NuMediaSoft.NMSDVDNet.CSSamples.DataWriter.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

DataWriter

Assembly Version: 1.0.3492.35963

Win32 Version: 1.0.3492.35963

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/RUP/Downloads/Test-App/CSharp.DataWriter.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

NMSDVDNet

Assembly Version: 1.0.1007.2002

Win32 Version: 1, 0, 0, 7

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/RUP/Downloads/Test-App/NMSDVDNet.DLL

msvcm80

Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4927

Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5/msvcm80.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks, looks like this error does not affect loading the drives. That's a bit unfortunate, the .NET version of the NMS SDK was my last hope to find an quick solution to device detection issue. Looks like more waiting is necessary.

Guest Dieselman

New version and still no fix for this.....................WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE ADDRESSED FLO. I can burn music cd's all day long. I insert and DVD and it says "no disk" or "no compatible drive".

I guess I've repeated the source of the problem and reason why it can't be fixed often enough, and you can also rest assured that I will annouce any changes in regard to that matter.