Sign in to follow this  
Guest jhdodd

Audio Editor doesn't show in File menu

Guest jhdodd

Hi All,

I've just installed version 3.0.116 and would like to edit an audio track. The Help screen tells me to start a new CD audio compilation, then click File/Audio Editor, but there's no Audio Editor on the file menu! Is there some driver missing? Or am I looking in the wrong place? I clicked the middle option (Create new Audio CD with or without ...) and the File menu contains: Open, Save, Save As, Print Cover, Preferences and Exit.

I'm using WinXP-SP2 and have successfully ripped a cd track both to Wave and then to Mp3 (so the CD drive seems to be ok).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best regards,

James

Guest jhdodd

That' a pitty! Can you recommend any particular Audio Editor? I'd like to do simple things like fade-in, fade out (possibly fade one out while fading the other in) and remove clicks and other noises from vinil recordings).

By the way, I'm a programmer myself and I work with C, C++, some C#, VB and some VB.Net. I'm curious to know what your reasons were that justified the whole re-write for .Net? I'm not too fond of .Net because I think it limits your program to better hardware and OS to get decent performance - and exactly the same goes for Java!

Thanks for the help anyway!

JhDodd