Sign in to follow this  
Kirby

Burning window hides.....can't restore

When I do the actual burning of a CD, the status window displays, then I set the burning options. But when I hit "Write Disc" , the window minimizes to the taskbar, and there is no way to restore it again until the burn is complete. Can I get the status window visible again during the actual burning?

Yes, you should. Does it help if you rightclick on it in taskbar and choose "restore"?

nope :(

prob.jpg

sorry...that last post was mine :cry:

btw....the status window finally showed up affer 5 mintues. The exact same pause happens to me when I try and load the ISO Tools....

sorry...that last post was mine :cry:

I already thought so :D

btw....the status window finally showed up affer 5 mintues. The exact same pause happens to me when I try and load the ISO Tools....

So, after 5 minutes the burning window is visible again? Is this because burn is finished then?

Does this happen with every burning window (data, audio) and everytime, not just by chanche?

In response to this question, I tried it with the Test burn option enabled, and it displayed as it should be. But it seems to happen with both Data and Audio burns

So, after 5 minutes the burning window is visible again? Is this because burn is finished then?

When I could view the windows again, it was already closing the track.

I found a workaround until this can get fixed: right-click the taskbar and click minimize. The next time you click the taskbar entry, you should be able to click restore now

Well, it seems like a bug for me...once you did that workaraound, does it still happen?

after doing that little workaround, I was fine after that, minimizing and restoring freely. But then the problems start all over again when I try and burn again

OK...are you sure that no other programs that work in background could cause this effect? Otherwise I think I can move this topic into bugs :wink2:

OK...are you sure that no other programs that work in background could cause this effect? Otherwise I think I can move this topic into bugs :wink2:

for a second I thought it could of been mIRC, but that theory was thrown out.

Hi

I have looked at this, and there is noting in the code that minimizes the window, and when I look at your screenshot, if the window was minimized the restore button shoulkd been enabled. I think this problem can have something to do with to little system resources free when the write starts, then when you finish you get em back. This is a guess from me. I will try to do some tests on this, I hope you can use it anyway for the moment.

Regards Stefan

I have looked at this, and there is noting in the code that minimizes the window, and when I look at your screenshot, if the window was minimized the restore button shoulkd been enabled. I think this problem can have something to do with to little system resources free when the write starts, then when you finish you get em back. This is a guess from me. I will try to do some tests on this, I hope you can use it anyway for the moment.

Regards Stefan

here are my system specs:

Windows XP Professional SP2

AMD Duron 1GHZ

384MB PC133

52X24X52 CD-RW

128MB ATI Radeon 9600

Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

They are pretty slow I know. Ironcially my order for a new AthlonXP 2600+ and 512MB PC2700 Ram jsut came in, so I'll let you know if it fixes everything....

Maybe the Service Pack 2 also causes problems, as you may know, it is only a Release Candidate yet. Apart from that SP2 could cause a software not to function as it should because there where a lot of security changes in SP2.

Maybe the Service Pack 2 also causes problems, as you may know, it is only a Release Candidate yet. Apart from that SP2 could cause a software not to function as it should because there where a lot of security changes in SP2.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Windows did a good job on keeping their SP2 bugs to a minimum :lol: If CDBurnerXP did have a problem with SP2, then it would be a first for me

No, I also mean that SP2 is supposed to let some software not work correctly because of higher security standards. If a prog does not suupport them, it will not work.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.