Sign in to follow this  
skeezix

Setting the Track Playback Order for MP3 Files

Is it possible during the burn process (when burning mp3 files to a CD) to set the process up so that the tracks are played back in the order in which they are listed in the compilation?

Or is this an inherent problem when burning mp3 CDs??

MORE INFO:

I have the identical problem when using Media Center 13 to burn my mp3 cds.

To make my compilation, I used Shift+LMB to select a contiguous group of files, then clicked the "+" button in the Burn tab.

I am attaching my .dxp file to this post (test compilation.txt, forum wouldn't let me upload a DXP file and I couldn't find an .axp file).

When I play the CD, the first track to play is Track 2, then some number of tracks, then finally somewhere around the tenth track to be played I hear Track 1.

When I look at the file list in WinEx, the files are listed in the order they appear in the .DXP file.

Not sure what other info to add.

If you are lucky, maybe your MP3 player supports M3U playlists. You could try to add these along with your files and have the player use the playlist.

Otherwise, users have reported that adding prefixes like 1_, 2_, ... to sort the files work.

However, sorting is indeed an inherent problem. Files have no specified "order", as opposed to audio tracks.