Sign in to follow this  
mösti

Setup - could not write ini file

The setup of CDBXP 2.2.6 gives a error that it couldn't write desktop.ini in my My Documents\SomSubFolder the only option is to cancel the setup and cdbxp roll's back :(

My Documents is located on a network share with full rights and I am connected to that network. But even with no connection and offline-folders it doesn't finish the setup :?

2.2.5 and all earlier versions had no problems with this.

Hi

This is strange I have not changed anything in this part of the installation. I tested this with a fresh install and an update from 2.2.5 install. But no failures so it's hard for me to test this. Can you try again and give me the error code that you get when installing.

Regards Stefan

Does it work if you delete the CDBurnerXP Pro Project Folder in your Documents?

No, it works only if i redirect the my documents folder to a local folder.

But as network folder it creates the sub-folder and than gives the error it can't write the ini.

My documents are redirected without using a drive mapping.

\\servername\share\username

If I make a drive mapping and redirect the my documents folder to this, no problems with the install.

Guest Victor

If you give EVERYONE and SYSTEM full control of the directory, you'll be able to complete the install. You can then remove the permissions after install completes. This is true even if you are a local administrator or even a domain administrator on your network. Not sure why its required, but this is what I did to get it to work.

BTW, I have a suggestion. Could you please add the option to setup to ignore failed actions (like creating files) instead of only retry and cancel?

Guest l.capriotti

It's a pity to see such a great application plagued by such a poor installer...

env: WXP Pro on a multi-user domain (with redirected folders).

The installations are to be performed as the local administrator, hence the temp files during the installation (also the .msi) go to the local temp folder of the admin account.

The folder under "My Documents" (which is on the local drive) are written correclty.

Once an user logs in and tries to use cdburnerpro the installer tries to pop in, but the user has no access to the .msi location, hence it fails...

Even though the .msi is made accessible, after repairing the installation with the new, world-readable copy of the .msi, the user is prevented to launch the application by the "Unable to write ini file" error (users' folders are redirected to a network share) even though the custom folder is properly created.

Hope this helps to fix the installation procedure. I'm also willing to try and create a different installer by using the NSIS installer package, which I use most of the times, to see if the situation can be improved.

Cheers

L.capriotti_at_tiscali.it

Now with 2.2.7

I still must move My Documents to a local folder for the install. The progam install's correctly :) and i change back My Documents to its normal network folder.

Now I'm restarting CDBXP and i see i can change the path now of the folder it requests in the setup. I see that it is still using the local version one and in my folder explorer I see it really has make the folder again that I deleted when moving the files back.. Okee I change the path to the network folder with the browse option in CDBXP. No errors.. But when I restart CDBXP it creates an other new folder! C:\servername\share\userfolder and it don't use the original network folder where My Documents is really located :(

When deleting the now 2 trash folders cdbxp doesn't run anymore :o I must run the setup again and repair the installation, and there is the first temporary folder again.. :x The local folder I temparary used to make it possible to install cdbxp. The folder I want to be gone because the real my documents are on the network. :|

Guest l.capriotti

When launching as a user (after installing as admin) and by cancelling lots of times the installation dialog the program works fine! The Windows Installed pops in at each menu selection.

Luigi

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.