Sign in to follow this  
Guest satra74

DVD - Error 1021: trying to write past the end of the media

Guest satra74

Hi! I installed CDburner XP pro (latest version) 10 days ago. Till now I've been burning DVDs flawlessly. Since yesterday I have a problem: in the moment when the DVD should be closed at the end of the burning process, everything stops and I get the message: "Error closing DVD-R Track. Error trying to write past the end of the media (1021). Error sense data: sense key: 5 ASC: 21 ASCQ: 0"

I was obviously burning movies that were lower than 4,7 GB, so the end of the DVD simply could not be reached... What can this be? Any suggestion? Thank you!!

I use an external LG burner.

Hallo! Vor 10 Tagen habe die letzte Version von CDburner XP pro installiert und zuerst ist beim DVD-Brennen alles gut gelaufen. Seit gestern kriege ich jedoch am Schluss des Brennvorgangs (im Moment, wenn die Finalisierung starten sollte) die Fehlermeldung "Error closing DVD-R Track. Error trying to write past the end of the media (1021). Error sense data: sense key: 5 ASC: 21 ASCQ: 0"

Natürlich habe ich nur Filmdateien mit weniger als 4,7 GB gebrannt, so konnte der Schluss der DVD gar nicht erreicht werden - was kann das sein? Hat jemahd eine Lösung? Danke! Ich verwende einen externen LG-Brenner.

Guest cdfoster

Similar reports can be found in a number of the support forums but there doesn't seem to be an answer.

For what it's worth I have successfully written to DVD+RWs using CDBurnerXP Pro and then tried exactly the same data with a DVD-R and experienced this error every tiime (4 coasters last night while I was trying the program for the first time)

I have tried the 3.5 alpha version and that does the same.

I have tried a number alternative "lite" burners such as deepburner and they are OK

I have used EZ CD Creator with the same hardware and that is fine.

All of this suggest to me that it's not a hardware fault but a subtle flaw in the software somewhere.

This is unfortunate because I really like the look and feel of CDBurnerXP Pro and this issue is stopping from using it.

Guest satra74

Thank you for your reply, cdfoster!

The most curious thing is that this error appeared suddenly, after 2 weeks of successful burning with CDBurnerXP Pro, and I simply can't get rid of it. I tried to deinstall the program and to download it again, to change the burning settings... nothing helps.

It is certainly a software problem because I tried out another freeware burning program and it seems to work flawlessly, so the hardware is definitely OK.

It is a pity because I was very satisfied with CDBurnerXP Pro, but now I'll probably stop using it :(