Sign in to follow this  
floele

Firefox 1.5 has been released

firefox-15-headline.png

Yesterday a new version of Firefox has been released. Being Firefox supporters we don't want you to miss it :)

Mozillazine.org writes:

Firefox 1.5 introduces several new features, including an improved software update system, faster Back / Forward page navigation, a new option to clear private browsing data, drag-and-drop reordering of browser tabs, a redesigned Options/Preferences window and more robust popup blocking. Standards support is also improved, with support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), JavaScript 1.6 and additional CSS properties. Accessibility is much improved (including new DHTML accessibility features), security has been enhanced and Mac OS X support has also been improved.

That's funny, I came right over here to say the same thing! :lol:

I downloaded it yesterday (it came out a day early), but it was too late to install it.

Is it very different from 1.7? :firefox:

I don't use all the features anyway.

I read they've added about.com and dogpile.com to the list of search plugins.

It would be smart to delete all of these except for Google and Yahoo.

You really don't need them all anyway, and they would just slow you down.

I do not recommend you get Googlebar, but if you are determined to get it, look at this before you decide:

http://www.borngeek.com/firefox/googlebarlite/

Is it very different from 1.7? :firefox:

Most important for me is that it a) is faster and B) has a better update feature.

It would be smart to delete all of these except for Google and Yahoo.

I only need Google, Wikipedia, and dict.leo.org.

What dork actually thinks that firefox will kill IE? ROTF You are such idiots. The only smart thing to do is create web application for the masses - not the fool programmers who think they are so much higher above everyone else that the world will actually change to suit them...get a grip folks. THe world doesn't work that way. Just because some stupid anti microsoft coders use firefox doesn't mean the masses will follow you. They follow good marketing as they have done for 100's of years.

Tell me all you Firefox supporters...I thought that Opera was going to kill IE...what happened to it? Oh yeah all its "solid supporters" jumped ship and went to Firefox.

Get over yourselves and deal with reality. Or if you prefer to stay in beta world go ahead, the money will move on without you. Enjoy your "superior" browser while others like me get rich being smart.

So tired of you children blathering on about things you know nothing about. This has nothing to do with features, or W3C compliancy, just like when Bill beat out Steve with windows, it had nothing to do with quality or cost. Get with the real world.

Marketing is King and Microsoft are master at it. Little ol Firefox is doomed, just like netscape, just like opera, (all toted as IE killers in thier day) another feeble attempt. Keep fooling yourselves. Microsoft wants Firefox as much as you do. It keeps them safe at the top with 80% market share. In the world of business that is the PERFECT place to be...dumb asses.

You are such idiots.

Who is "you" in this case?

Enjoy your "superior" browser while others like me get rich being smart.

Sorry, but I do not quite understand how you get rich using Internet Explorer. In any case Firefox **is** superior, whether you like it or not.

Also you should use fewer four-letter-words if you want me to take your post seriously.

:firefox:

Hi, I'd just like to say that there's a Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.1 RC1.

Although a "Release Candidate" it's solved most of the bugs plaguing 1.5 such as unnecessary memory leaks.

Why I personally think Firefox is better than IE:

a) Loads up faster

B) Compared with IE, large pictures and text appear at the same time, not when these pictures are half-downloaded before any text appears

c) Faster forward/backward pages (Although I think this contributes to using up a lot more memory as well)

d) Looks sweet

There's a Win32, Linux and Mac release in English here: http://mozilla.osuosl.org/pub/mozilla.o ... .5.0.1rc1/

Try it out. I've had no problems with it.

Auto-update to 1.5.0.1 went smoothly. It informed me which extension(s) it is going to break (Right Encoding got the maxversion wrong) and let me decide. Good! :firefox:

[Off-Topic] Flo, I am finally starting on the translation process. (after the end of those stupid subjects and exams at school.)

Auto-update to 1.5.0.1 went smoothly. It informed me which extension(s) it is going to break (Right Encoding got the maxversion wrong) and let me decide. Good! :firefox:

[Off-Topic] Flo, I am finally starting on the translation process. (after the end of those stupid subjects and exams at school.)

I'm sure you just sailed on by 5.1 final, 5.2, and 5.3 in that case.

We should see Firefox 6.0 this fall.

Guest Bored

I use IE7beta 2... who cares about FF, it is insignificant. I have both, like I said, who cares?

Guest Basoumar

Are we starting a browser war again? I have IE, Fx installed, but use mostly Opera as I (and it has been proven by others ) still find it the fastest one.

Basoumar

(Opera Version 9.01 Build 8552, Computer Articles )

There is nothing bad about Opera if you like it ;)

Only IE is evil.

We'll see about that when IE 7x comes out, and Bill Gates leaves.