Adding to partially used disc,

Hi. Can someone tell me the procedure for burning additional files onto a partially used disc ? I'm sure it's quite simple, but I can't follow the "Help" on the subject so I obviously need an "Idiot's Guide" please !! I posted on this subject several months ago but didn't receive any helpful responses, so I'm hoping for better luck this time.!! Regards, Alpha. :(

You need flash. It works for me in Opera, Firefox and IE.

Flo. I've been trying to install Flash Media Player but keep getting the message "Could Not Run Installer." My SpyStopper has a Disable Flash Media option but I have unchecked it . Can you suggest anything else I can do to get the download.please.? Alpha. :(

Nope, I can't help you with your "anti-spyware" tools. I never experienced

problems installing Flash so far.

I wasn't asking for help with my "anti-spyware tools". I mentioned it so you would know that I had thought of that aspect of being unable to install Flash,which I have continued to try without success. As I therefore cannot get access to your tutorial as a means of solving my problem and I have no wish to continue to take up your valuable time Flo, perhaps one of your members (who obviously must be familiar with the workings of CDBurner) could respond to my enquiry.please. ? As I've said, I'm sure the answer is quite simple but for me it's a case of "it's easy when you know how" !! Regards, Alpha.

I wasn't asking for help with my "anti-spyware tools".

But I guess you need it ;)

I suppose that you get rid of them and use one program only for removing spyware (Ad-aware for example), if you use Firefox you are unlikely to get spyware anyway.

perhaps one of your members (who obviously must be familiar with the workings of CDBurner) could respond to my enquiry.please. ?

I am quite sure that this will not happen.

1)But I guess you need it ;)

I suppose that you get rid of them and use one program only for removing spyware (Ad-aware for example), if you use Firefox you are unlikely to get spyware anyway.

2)I am quite sure that this will not happen

Flo. I am completely baffled by what you say above. I thought my initial reactions to your previous responses were probably wrong but it now seems clear that they indicate an element of irritation or resentfulness which I fail to understand. I have looked carefully at my postings and can find no possible reason for that sort of reaction. I subscribe to a number of other forums and message boards where I receive a great deal of (and give a little) help and am really puzzled by my reception here. Ref: 1 above. I explained why I mentioned SpyStopper and you must be aware that what you say is quite irrelevant to my query. Ref: 2 above. Do you really mean that on a forum to which CDBurner Helpline provides a link as somewhere to visit with questions, you are "quite sure" that a response to my enquiry "will not happen".? This has NEVER happened on any of the other forums etc I visit and,indeed, the responses are usually multiple. I hope you will understand why I feel rather offended but if you consider my reaction to be unjustified, please let me know. Regards. Alpha.

Hi. Can someone tell me the procedure for burning additional files onto a partially used disc ? I'm sure it's quite simple, but I can't follow the "Help" on the subject so I obviously need an "Idiot's Guide" please !! I posted on this subject several months ago but didn't receive any helpful responses, so I'm hoping for better luck this time.!! Regards, Alpha. :(

When you have dragged the files to the left side and start the BURN, click on the down arrow to choose 'leave the disc open'...therefore you are not FINALIZING this burn session.

2. Adding to this multi-session: Start the software, insert the CD a message box appears requesting a click on the 'CONTINUE this session' Now you will see your original files with a red icon beside each. Add more files and their icon will be a different colour (yellow I think) Repeat the process of click on the down arrow, choose your style of burning...leaving cd open OR if this is all that is to be done then choose ..BURN and Finish. The CD will get a finalized code and no more files will be possible to burn.

3. Label the CD.

THat's it.

RoseW

Very many thanks RoseW. You have restored my (well established) faith in the goodwill of forum subscribers.!! I have only minutes to spare at the moment (pre Christmas panic - as usual!!) but will carry out your directions at the next free period. With the Compliments of the Season to You and Yours. Alpha. :)

Ref: 1 above. I explained why I mentioned SpyStopper and you must be aware that what you say is quite irrelevant to my query.

Maybe, but this is the only advice I could give you. I simply have no idea at all why the flash installation doesn't work and anti-spyware tools I don't know are always suspicious to me ;)

BTW, could you try to quote correctly in the future?

Ref: 2 above. Do you really mean that on a forum to which CDBurner Helpline provides a link as somewhere to visit with questions, you are "quite sure" that a response to my enquiry "will not happen".?

I didn't say that you won't get a response (you did get a lot from me ;) ), but it is a fact that apart from me there is *no one* who provides an appreciable amount of help to other users on a regular basis here (compare my number of posts to the user who has the second most posts). If I don't answer to a query then there probably are no answers at all. But answering questions to burning programs is not always easy, because some errors are simply incompatibilities or other system misconfigurations so that you can't help. mamengineer knows those errors quite well, but he apparently doesn't have a lot of time to spend in this forum.

I hope you will understand why I feel rather offended but if you consider my reaction to be unjustified, please let me know.

I try to help you as good as I can, so if you even feel offended then my inability to help you is to blame. I can't do more than creating a fancy flash tutorial and if this does not work then you should probably ask in other forums why flash does not work.

Let's see if the response of RoseW is a better help for you.

1) Maybe, but this is the only advice I could give you. I simply have no idea at all why the flash installation doesn't work and anti-spyware tools I don't know are always suspicious to me ;)

2) it is a fact that apart from me there is *no one* who provides an appreciable amount of help to other users on a regular basis here (compare my number of posts to the user who has the second most posts). If I don't answer to a query then there probably are no answers at all.

Flo. I can see from your response that we have been at cross-purposes here. Ref: 1) above,when I refered to "my query",I meant the query I opened the thread with,whereas you thought I meant my asking about installing Flash. Ref: 2) above,I am very surprised by what you say, as it is completely contrary to my considerable experience with other forums ,where the responses come from other subscribers as often as they do from the "Admin" guys. I guess I took it for granted that it would be the same here but, at least, the helpful response from RoseW vindicates my confidence.!! I now realise the magnitude of your task, as a virtual "one-man band" and hasten to apologise for my part in the unfortunate misunderstandings. May I take the opportunity to suggest that other subscribers should share their knowledge with those who are asking for help. It can be very rewarding. With all Good Wishes for Christmas and the New Year. Alpha. :oops:

Alpha, Just a word of advice from one of "the other helpful subscribers" :-

You should untick Disable BBCode in this post to get your quotes etc. to show :). I only recently discovered this myself!

Flo. I can see from your response that we have been at cross-purposes here. Ref: 1) above,when I refered to "my query",I meant the query I opened the thread with,whereas you thought I meant my asking about installing Flash.

But then again if you can install flash, you'll get an answer (hopefully) to your query.

Ref: 2) above,I am very surprised by what you say, as it is completely contrary to my considerable experience with other forums ,where the responses come from other subscribers as often as they do from the "Admin" guys.

Well, this forum rather is a replacement for support emails. The advantage of a forum is that everyone can look up already asked questions. Of course there are a lot of other things you can do as well.

Alpha, Just a word of advice from one of "the other helpful subscribers" :-

You should untick Disable BBCode in this post to get your quotes etc. to show :). I only recently discovered this myself!

Thanks xrayspex, I'll certainly do that untick in future.!! All the Best. Alpha :)

1) But then again if you can install flash, you'll get an answer (hopefully) to your query.

2) Of course there are a lot of other things you can do as well.

I only saw your posting when I submitted my reply to xrayspex. Re 1, I have continued to try to install Flash but haven't solved the problem yet. Re 2, There certainly are and I would like to encourage subscribers to make their contributions. Apart from the the establishment of goodwill (which can't be bad !!) it takes some of the load off Admin people like yourself, who give so much of their free time to dealing with queries like mine. In my opinion, all forums should operate on a "give and take" basis and I get considerable satisfaction from doing my bit to help-out when I can (which isn't very often !!) on the forums I visit. Cheers, Flo. If there was a "hand-shake" Emoticon, I think it would be appropriate here but a big smile will have to do.!!! :D Alpha.