Sign in to follow this  
Guest bunny

Error Closing DVD+R Session/Border

Guest bunny

Hi,

I have just d/l CDBurnerXP Pro 3 and encounter critical error using it. :?

I'm using a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110 with 4.7 GB RW-DVD.

I successfully burned CDs containing mp3 or divx files. :)

But as i try to burn a DVD, no matter its content or the burning speed, i always get this error

:?: Writing Error : (3) Error closing DVD+R Session/Border

The drive is not ready (1002).

Error Sense Data : SENSE KEY: 2 ASC: 4 ASCQ: 7 :?:

I would appreciate some help :idea: Thanks in advance :D

Hi, I have exactly same Pioneer-unti and same problem! I have tried for two days to burn a back-up picture DVD (RAW- and JPEG-photos) and I just can not get that right...

Jukka, Sweden

Guest JiDo

I have Pioneer DVR-K04 and get the same error messege:

Anybody know how to solve this problem?

thx for your help.

JiDo

Writing Error : (3) Error closing DVD+R Session/Border

The drive is not ready (1002).

Error Sense Data : SENSE KEY: 2 ASC: 4 ASCQ: 7

Guest Uz

same problem for me.It just can't close the dvd.goes to 100% then fails to close :(...

i tried switching off autoplay via the register as i read in another site...but wont work :(

Guest thyssen2k

i too have the same problem. but with a nec 2500 and yamaha crw-f1 burner. i have no idea whats going on. it started suddenly about 3 weels ago.

I am using an HP DVD Burner 630i. I am using WIN XP Pro. I have been using CDBurnerXP Pro for a couple months perfectly. I am copying zip files from my hard drive to DVDs. I usually fill about 2.7 GBs of the DVD. For some reason about a week ago, I started having problems. I have tried the REPAIR option and no luck. I have tried completely uninstalling the program and no luck. I even did a system restore to a month ago and no luck. I tried switching from Joliet to ISO 1 and no luck. My error is a little different. Please help. Here is the error:

CDBurnerXP Pro 3 - Critical

Writing Error : (3) Error closing DVD-R Session/Border

Writing error of unknown origin (1005)

Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: C ASCQ: 0

Guest BrainFreeze

I have the same burner as well and encountered this problem. Everything copied fine and then I got the same unable to close error.

I solved the problem, but only by accident. First (and you shouldn't have to do this) I simply ejected the DVD by pressing the eject button on the drive. I then put the DVD into my DVD player to see if it would actually work...it didn't.

I then put the DVD back into the burner and simply went to the top menu and clicked "Disc" then "Disc Information". From that dialogue box, I clicked on "Close Disc" button at the bottom of that dialogue box.

The burner whirred, some stuff happened, and then the dialogue box gave me the option to eject the disc using the "Eject Disc" button. I clicked it, it ejected.

BUT! I then couldn't close the Disc Information dialogue box. I eventually used Windows Task Manager to shutdown CDBurnerXP Pro entirely.

Anywho, the DVD disc was successfully closed and I was able to play it on my DVD player. W00t!

I knew going in that this software was a bit buggy, so I'm not upset. I'm just glad I got a working copy of my DVD.

BTW, this DVD burning business is a pain in the *ss. I am hopeful it'll get easier over time as I become more familiar with all the different styles and flavours of DVDs and burning options :)

Guest RayD

Just wanted to let Bunny and others know that my PC suffers from this problem as well. Same Panansonic drive and same errors exactly returned. Unfortunately the close disc fix suggested did not work for me.

If anyone cracks this problem or has any other ideas please post them here, cause I'm not going to waste any more discs.

Ray

Let's add my problem here too.

It's probably not exactly the same error code (ranging from 1000 to 1005), but CDBurnerXP Pro won't close any sessions or cds/dvds.

A normal data dvd won't be closed. An iso dvd file created with CDBurnerXP Pro and burned with my other burning software works.

A normal iso cd file created with CDBurnerXP Pro and written to a cdrw produces an empty cdrw. In fact, when i try to burn this file with my other burning software, it's still an empty cdrw.

I am using version 3.0.116.0930

I have the same burner as well and encountered this problem. Everything copied fine and then I got the same unable to close error.

I solved the problem, but only by accident. First (and you shouldn't have to do this) I simply ejected the DVD by pressing the eject button on the drive. I then put the DVD into my DVD player to see if it would actually work...it didn't.

I then put the DVD back into the burner and simply went to the top menu and clicked "Disc" then "Disc Information". From that dialogue box, I clicked on "Close Disc" button at the bottom of that dialogue box.

The burner whirred, some stuff happened, and then the dialogue box gave me the option to eject the disc using the "Eject Disc" button. I clicked it, it ejected.

BUT! I then couldn't close the Disc Information dialogue box. I eventually used Windows Task Manager to shutdown CDBurnerXP Pro entirely.

Anywho, the DVD disc was successfully closed and I was able to play it on my DVD player. W00t!

I knew going in that this software was a bit buggy, so I'm not upset. I'm just glad I got a working copy of my DVD.

BTW, this DVD burning business is a pain in the *ss. I am hopeful it'll get easier over time as I become more familiar with all the different styles and flavours of DVDs and burning options :)

This worked for me.... thx for the info. BTW, I too am running the PIONEER DVR-110D

Another pioneer 110D

I managed to burn a few successful DVD's then the next one couldn't close (same problem). Windows indentified the unclosed cd as blank tho cdburnerxp showed it with the correct amount of data remaining, but no files or folders within

WOW!

Brainfreeze was right!

I went to disc - disc info and closed the disc.

For me tho, there was no weird whirring or crashing, it worked fine and my disc is good as well

w00t!

Guest Emgenius

same problem for me. And the manually closing solution proposed, worked for me too

Guest Tobi

I have Pioneer 109, too, with the same problem.

Will this bug be fixed? That workaround may work, but that's not what I want for daily use...

Guest Guest

Same here with Pioneer DVR-111, Firmware Revision 1.23 (newest to date)

Burning works fine with Nero ... any ideas?

Guest QuantumEleven

I have the same problem as everyone else on this thread, and while I don't have a solution to the larger issue, I can at least suggest a fix for this: After the burning 'fails', and before you open the Disc Information dialogue box to close the session, empty the current compilation (click on the "clear" button). Then open the Disc Info box and close the session - every time I have first emptied the compilation, it worked without crashing CDBurnerXP, and every time I didn't, I couldn't close the dialog box and had to kill the program.

Hope this is at least some small help! Now, if someone could only fix the larger problem... :)

Guest Invite

Same here with Pioneer DVR-111D bought recently, Firmware Revision 1.23 (newest to date) on Dell computer

Burning works fine with Recordnow.

Bug fix found ?

At least the "disc information" trick is working fine

Just to put my $ 0.02 in:

I have the same issue with a Pioneer DVR-111D (f/w 1.06, haven't bothered flashing yet) on a Shuttle SN25P, under WinXP MCE (a.k.a. sleeker, cheaper Pro SP2). Same error with the closing of DVD+Rs, both at 8x and 4x speeds.

Also figured out the "close disc, then kill program in task manager" approach, but it's a pain...

However, burning (the same data) to DVD-RW (the only other DVD medium I've burned so far) works like a charm (at least at 2x), complete with post-burn verification and all the rest. Maybe it just has to do with the DVD+R format?

Btw, for one disc, I accidently clicked Close Session instead of Close Disc, and after the obligatory program kill and restart, the disc was still open, but both the Close... buttons in the Disc Info were grayed out. I ended up having to close the disc using "cdrecord -fix" (under Cygwin), after which everything seemed to be OK with both disc and data.

Lite-On SHM-165P6S and

DVD-R EPRO disk. Trying to burn an image:

cdburnertg7.gif

The EPRO disks are ok. Usually the quality (measured with Nero CD Speed) is around 95%.

Guest cfgsq7@does.it

Markovitz intends imitating!craziness:fatiguing:zest epitaphs!locusts

Hi all of you,

I've just posted the same message about the burning error in the "Bug" forum.

But by the look of things, there seems to be no elegant solution to this screwup.

I've wasted 5 DVD disks trying to burn a couple of movies, each time with the same error message (Writing Error : (3) Error closing DVD+R Session/Border

The drive is not ready (1002)

Error Sense Data : SENSE KEY: 2 ASC: 4 ASCQ: 7), I've tried the various solutions put forward by the distinguished members of this Forum, and nothing works.

Nero was a pain in the a** but CDBurnerXP looks like a real dead-end to me.

I hope their developers will contradict me.

Any suggestions ?

Alan

I just encountered the same problem for the first time...

and wanted to find out whether there is any solution in site (apart from the Disk Info/Close disc hack - which btw works for me )...

Aji

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.