Sign in to follow this  

excellent software but needs something more.

THIS IS AN Excellent software.

Tried 4 burner software. CDBurnerXP pro, nero ultra 6, record now (sonic), burn4free (might be this name). And I love this one on the first sight.

Nero is popular but not free, on the other hand, what the hell in those guys' mind to make a cd-burner software so complex and so huge?

Record now is free for me, but it looks like a freeware -- where should I find the information about the media itself? How the hell did it take more than 30 minutes to write one dvd (that is 1*).

Burn4free has an interface as simple as record now, I deleted it and never want to install it again.

But there is some place that can make improvement.

1. Support more hardware including my sony dw-d56a. Lots of boxes are grey (disabled) after I click burn, and the speed can only be 1*

2.Those sense key, error message and support driver type can be put into the help file, and summarize some solution in this forum into the help file to ease the troubleshooting.

3.can add a function to detect the dvd-writer modal during installation, or before the compilation stage can add a function to choose which drive to use, to facilitate the user who has more than one write drives.

4.[very important] need to support different language system. I burned a dvd with chinese folder name, it can't be read out anymore even though the file size is correct.

5.Does it have underburn protection?

6.Keep the style of interface in later verions and keep it dedicated for writing cd/dvd, the current file size is comfortable.

1. Support more hardware including my sony dw-d56a. Lots of boxes are grey (disabled) after I click burn, and the speed can only be 1*

We are not in charge of supporting new drives, but we will update your buring libraries whenever updates are available.

2.Those sense key, error message and support driver type can be put into the help file, and summarize some solution in this forum into the help file to ease the troubleshooting.

I would really like to do it, but I lack of knowledge about these codes. The only one I know who knows them well does not appear to have enough time to create such a list :(

3.can add a function to detect the dvd-writer modal during installation, or before the compilation stage can add a function to choose which drive to use, to facilitate the user who has more than one write drives.

You can switch the burning device any time already.

4.[very important] need to support different language system. I burned a dvd with chinese folder name, it can't be read out anymore even though the file size is correct.

I agree, but again we can't implement it on our own.

5.Does it have underburn protection?

I don't think so.

6.Keep the style of interface in later verions and keep it dedicated for writing cd/dvd, the current file size is comfortable.

The filesize will be even smaller in future.

I would really like to do it, but I lack of knowledge about these codes. The only one I know who knows them well does not appear to have enough time to create such a list :(

This is something for this on the internet, in fact, I saw it in this forum. Anyway, current help file is simple enough for experienced user and detailed enough for the new user, in the case there is nothing unexpected. I experienced this and spent several days on internet to find out what is wrong. Unfortunately I know nothing about what those codes mean, and nero just told me "unspecified target error" -- I am not a native english speaker, and have no idea what that means. So I think if you can find those tables and included in the help\troubleshooting and list some website helpful or some general solutions, will make the software more attractive and ease the use.

You can switch the burning device any time already.

What I mean is that detect the dvd-drive is supported by the software and maybe show in different color to show if the writer is supported and how good it supported from the statistics at your website. Of course, if something can predict the result will also help.

I agree, but again we can't implement it on our own.

Let me change my folder to english first:). This problem might be complicated -- even some chinese software wouldn't show correctly in my xp. Have no idea how the file system can mess the unicode up.

The filesize will be even smaller in future.

great. Don't know what's wrong with nero guys. Nero 6 lost the simplity and easiness of nero 5 burning cd. They want to turn a cd burner program into a multimedia center? I even lost the interest to pirate nero 7 :). I just wish to see those jaggernaut lost their market to the small, easy to use and dedicated software.

(':firefox:')

BTW, I think update your version frequently might be helpful to make more people using cbx. Normally ppl just think the software release later is better.

This is something for this on the internet, in fact, I saw it in this forum.

These tables don't help a lot though.

What I mean is that detect the dvd-drive is supported by the software and maybe show in different color to show if the writer is supported and how good it supported from the statistics at your website. Of course, if something can predict the result will also help.

If it is not supported it is not detected.

BTW, I think update your version frequently might be helpful to make more people using cbx. Normally ppl just think the software release later is better.

You can't imagine how much I would like to release new versions frequently. But unfortunately I do not take part on the development yet so it's all up to Stefan and Fredrik who obviously lack of time ;)