Sign in to follow this  
Guest exGore

Continuing Multisession on DVD+RW unreadable [duplicate]

Guest exGore

I started a multisession on a DVD+RW with some data, and everything seems ok. Had the disc opened (didn't finalize disc). CDBurnerXP Pro recognized that I had a session and it imported well. The version is 3.0.113. Then I added some more data to the disc. And when I write it, it seemed writing ok, since you actualy see that it says "Writing file ......" and it goes writing all the files you added to the compilation. But the progress bar stays at 0%. And when it finishes it says successful. But the CD is unreadable. Every program reports it has an unreadable structure, not even IsoBuster nor CDroller, nor any other DATA recovering tool works. The Data recovering tool recognize as only 1 session on the DVD while it is supposed to have 2, since I added more data later. It seems like CDBurnerXP Pro v3.0.113 copied things over the first session.

If it had written data to a real second session, data could be recovered, but since it wrote stuff on top of the first session, every data from the first session is gone. (well, not actually all, but they are all unreadable, since TOC is corrupted, and data is also). The another funny stuff is that when you insert the DVD+RW (already screwed), CDBurnerXP Pro v3.0.113 recognize that it has a session, and it tries to import, but in the end you get an error like it can only import Joliet and ISO1 type, and it stops there, while displaying the amount of MB you copied from the last time on the compilation, but no directory nor file listing.

My DVD Writer model is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B, which is supported on CDBurnerXP Pro v3.0.113 list.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.