Sign in to follow this  
Pdb

sessions

I am a newbie with this software. I just installed V4.1.1.660, and tried burning Data as follows: I added two files to the Compilation window, burned the disk with the disk left open, so I could add more files later. This I did 5 or 6 times. All the files appeared on the disk, but all in only one session. Can someone explain how 2 or more sessions are created? I looked at the DVD-RW disk with ISOBUSTER and saw only one session, also. I thought that adding the files piecemeal would create new sessions each time, but that didn't happen. Hence, my question.

I also added two more files using Ignore Previous Sessions. This resulted in only the last two files being visible with either CDBXP or ISOBUSTER. I guess all the other files I placed on the disk are unrecoverable?

Thanks for any insight.

This I did 5 or 6 times. All the files appeared on the disk, but all in only one session. Can someone explain how 2 or more sessions are created? I looked at the DVD-RW disk with ISOBUSTER and saw only one session, also. I thought that adding the files piecemeal would create new sessions each time, but that didn't happen. Hence, my question.

This is totally strange. Sessions should increase in number. Try removing the disc from the drive and then checking for sessions number.

I also added two more files using Ignore Previous Sessions. This resulted in only the last two files being visible with either CDBXP or ISOBUSTER. I guess all the other files I placed on the disk are unrecoverable?

This is what you should expect with this setting.

OK. I'm glad to see that Ignore Previous Sessions behaved as you would expect. However, is there no way to recover the previously recorded files? I can't even see them with ISOBUSTER.

Here is what I did next. Erased the disk to start over again. Recorded 2 files, opened the burner drive, exited CDBXP, reopened CDBXP, and recorded two more files with the disk left open. Then I repeated this procedure again with two more files. Looking at the disk with ISOBUSTER, I see Session One, Track One with all six files.

Shouldn't I see three sessions? Or do I misunderstand just what a session is?

Pdb.

You should see 3 sessions now, you've got it right. It should be checked by the programmers of Isobuster. Does CDBurnerXp show one session only?

If you ignore previous sessions there is no actual way I know that you could recover the files. Maybe just a recovery program?

Using Disk Information in CDBXP, it shows only one session and one track for all six files, just like ISOBuster.

Tell me, when you add files to a disk which has not been closed, do you see multiple sessions with CDBXP V4.1.1.660? Or is this oddity peculiar to my set up or system?