Sign in to follow this  
n8chavez

CDBurnerXP error

I recently installed cdburner xp with the .net workaround. When I try to lauch the app I get this error. Any ideas what I can do to fix this error. I would really like to used CDburner XP

I have tried installing version two of the .net framework. It still didn't work. When I tried to launch the program, I am told that CD burner xp need to have the framework version 1.1 installed

I'm not really sure what that file is supposed to do. I have gotten the latest beta (117) to work using .net framwork 2.0. But that add around 70 meg to my disk size and makes my backup partition image larger than the 698 meg, and unable to fit on a CD. That's why I want to use the work around that was posted but I can't seem to get that to work. :(

Well, there is a certain .NET config file - and if you delete that it should work again. But I don't know its name right now. One of our users mentioned it some time ago.

Try to remove the folder

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version_number\CONFIG

and then reinstall .NET.

That didn't seems to do anything for me. I'm still getting the same error. I've tried both .net framework 1.1 and the workaround and nothing new happens.

Bummer

That didn't seems to do anything for me.

But you did remove the correct folder corresponding to the .NET version you currently have installed?

and the workaround and nothing new happens.

Hm, which workaround do you mean? The reg-key? This is only needed for .NET 2.0. Anyway, you can also try http://cdburnerxp.se/help/install-without-dotnet (after uninstalling .NET) if you only need .NET for CDBurnerXP. That were all possible solutions now I can imagine...

But you did remove the correct folder corresponding to the .NET version you currently have installed?

Hm, which workaround do you mean? The reg-key? This is only needed for .NET 2.0. Anyway, you can also try http://cdburnerxp.se/help/install-without-dotnet (after uninstalling .NET) if you only need .NET for CDBurnerXP. That were all possible solutions now I can imagine...

I should have been more clear; the workaround I have been refering to in this entire thread has been the one posted here: http://cdburnerxp.se/help/install-without-dotnet I only need the framework for cdburnerxp. It is with this that I got the error seen on my first post

Ah, OK. Then let's start over ;)

1. Remove the "workaround setup package" (really uninstall it)

2. Remove any config files you find

3. Install .NET 1.1 (the real one) and reboot -> check if it works

4. If it doesn't, install .NET 2.0 (remove 1.1 if you like)

I hope that it works then.