Sign in to follow this  
leenaud

Error 1008 Under-run error when burning CD

I'm getting a 1008 error when attemptng to burn a data CD. The error happens on the same file each time. I quess it means an under-run.

My CD burner is a plextor PR-W8432T, OS win 98SE.

No other programs open at the time I'm doing the burning at 4x600. Same issue when lowering the speed.

Any help would be appreciated very much.

Well, I did that. I also copied the CD to the harddrive and that seemed to work. After it finished the burning of the CD, it went thru verifying and I had about a dozen files that failed the verification. I also got a 1022 error.

I hated to do this but I reinstalled the Adaptec CD burner software I had laying around somewhere and was able to burn the CD first time around, without copying to the harddrive and at full speed without caching. I have not used CD burner a lot since I downloaded it and maybe I have to set it up differently but right now I don't have the time for that.

Thanks for you assistance