Sign in to follow this  
calle2008

Program seems to start, but then not

Friends

XP Pro, US version with SP2

I just installed the latest version of the program and that went fine. But each time I try to start the program, this happens:

The program starts up but within a second or so it just stops and nothing happens. I can see in the Windows Task Manager that the program ("C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpp.exe") starts, and goes up to about 4000 KB, but then in disappears from among the programs. Nothing is seen on the screen on the computer.

I tried to fix it by removing the program, and reinstalling it, but no change. I shut down the firewall and installed CDburnerXP again but that did nothing.

Is there anywhere a log file or something that I could look at to try to figure out what is going on?

I had an earlier version of the program installed and it worked fine, but later I had a crash and reinstalled everything, but not CDBurnerXP, but now I get this problem.

Any ideas?

With a few other programs I also run into problems (The application failed ot initialize properly (0xc0000005). Not sure if they are related, though as CDBurnerXP does not even give me that error. :-(

Thanks

Calle2008