Sign in to follow this  
Nexius113

Audio Burning Issue

There are probably details or options that i've overlooked in going over this bug but i'll post it anyway. I recently purchased a sony dw-q30a and tried to burn an audio disk using 3.0.116. It didn't allow me to do disk-at-once or session-at-once (which, at the time, i assumed was simply the issue with the burner) so i selected track-at-once and let it go. A few cds later its still giving me the same error: it gets past one track, stops, then never starts back up again. Eventually I uninstalled 3.0.116 and installed the newest alpha (on the site front page) and tried again. This time I could enamble disk at once, and it burned fine...but the progress bar was only at 50% when the disk ejected (though the disk was done burning) and the status window never showed the "disk burn complete". I had to force close the program. I ran the cd and the quality was very poor. Again, this may very well be a compatability issue with my burner. If not, then its possible my burner is defective - however, I did install an older version of Nero (Nero 6.3.0.0) and it worked fine (albeit the specs say I can burn cds at 48x and both programs are telling me my max is 40x).

okay updated: rma'ed the old drive and purchased another. this time its a lite-on shw 160p6s. The same issue arose which leads me to believe that this is probably an problem with the program trying to burn cds with a dvd burner or specificaly audio disks with a dvd burner. tried again with nero and no issues.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.