Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter White

Backing Up System

Guest Peter White

Dear Friends,

Recently I had my computer memory doubled to 1.0 GB and a DVD Burner fitted. I was issued with no instructions when I collected my PC and only told that they had tested it and it worked fine.

Two days ago I had a hard time with my computer slowing down to almost a snails pace.

Watching "Click On Line." I saw the gentleman recommending that you should clean out your computer every six months or a year and re-install the system you have - I happen to have Windows XP.

However, I singularly failed to be able to burn even one disk - DVD or CD - on my new DVD Burner as I received no instuctions with it except a disk with "NERO 6 UPDATE" scrawled in crayon on it. Even copying an existing audio (speech) disk failed. ( Or do I have just a bad opinion of NERO 6 ???) I actually have a boxed copy on order!

Then, by accident I came across the download of CD BURNER XP PRO and downloaded it.

However, I find that to back up my sytem I seem to have to insert every little bit - no files or folders - individualy which is slow and cumbersome.

Is there a way to back up my computer system by just saying abck up and insert a new disk when the other is full????

Or am I just too lazy - BUT there are an awful lot of files!

Also, at my age this font on this window is very tiny - can I enlarge it.?????

Questions, questiopns, questions.

Is there a spell checker???

God bless all.

Dear Friends,

Recently I had my computer memory doubled to 1.0 GB and a DVD Burner fitted. I was issued with no instructions when I collected my PC and only told that they had tested it and it worked fine.

Two days ago I had a hard time with my computer slowing down to almost a snails pace.

Watching "Click On Line." I saw the gentleman recommending that you should clean out your computer every six months or a year and re-install the system you have - I happen to have Windows XP.

However, I singularly failed to be able to burn even one disk - DVD or CD - on my new Abut reinstalling the system, I strongly agree, I did it a few days ago and it really speeded up my machine!DVD Burner as I received no instuctions with it except a disk with "NERO 6 UPDATE" scrawled in crayon on it. Even copying an existing audio (speech) disk failed. ( Or do I have just a bad opinion of NERO 6 ???) I actually have a boxed copy on order!

Then, by accident I came across the download of CD BURNER XP PRO and downloaded it.

However, I find that to back up my sytem I seem to have to insert every little bit - no files or folders - individualy which is slow and cumbersome.

Is there a way to back up my computer system by just saying abck up and insert a new disk when the other is full????

Or am I just too lazy - BUT there are an awful lot of files!

Also, at my age this font on this window is very tiny - can I enlarge it.?????

Questions, questiopns, questions.

Is there a spell checker???

God bless all.

Dear sir,

Abut reinstalling the system, I strongly agree, I did it a few days ago and it really speeded up my machine!

For backing up try www.google.com then search for "back up software" and "backup software", lots of options...

About font size, Windows has options for enlarging fonts, see http://www.microsoft.com/enable/trainin ... /font.aspx

Cheers

cdburner xp IS THE BEST!!!!!