Sign in to follow this  
Ron Holder

Pioneer DVR-110 DVD burn speeds

Just bought and installed this drive. When no blank disk is in the drive, Recorder information reports max. burn speed is 7056 KB/sec. When a blank DVD-R is inserted, and you open Recorder information again, it reports max. burn speed as 1385 KB/sec.

Eject the disk, check again, now it reports 7056 KB/sec again!

(This is a 16X speed recorder and the blank DVD-R is a 16x speed rated Verbatim.)

I did a test burn, seemed to work just fine, and fast, but the options given for burn speed were 1X, 2.4X, and 1X again! I'm sure it was going faster than that, I burned 2.3 GB of data in a bit under 4 minutes.

Edit: I thought I'd put in a CD-R blank and see what it said. It reported the max drive speed as 7056 KB/s (did not change like it does when I insert a blank DVD), and

the burn speed options range from 1X to 40X with several others in between.

I can certainly use the burner and CDBurnerXP Pro to make backups, but I would like to have proper reporting of, and control of, burn speed for DVD's..

Anyone else having this problem???

Thanks.

Just bought and installed this drive. When no blank disk is in the drive, Recorder information reports max. burn speed is 7056 KB/sec. When a blank DVD-R is inserted, and you open Recorder information again, it reports max. burn speed as 1385 KB/sec.

Eject the disk, check again, now it reports 7056 KB/sec again!

(This is a 16X speed recorder and the blank DVD-R is a 16x speed rated Verbatim.)

I did a test burn, seemed to work just fine, and fast, but the options given for burn speed were 1X, 2.4X, and 1X again! I'm sure it was going faster than that, I burned 2.3 GB of data in a bit under 4 minutes.

Edit: I thought I'd put in a CD-R blank and see what it said. It reported the max drive speed as 7056 KB/s (did not change like it does when I insert a blank DVD), and

the burn speed options range from 1X to 40X with several others in between.

I can certainly use the burner and CDBurnerXP Pro to make backups, but I would like to have proper reporting of, and control of, burn speed for DVD's..

Anyone else having this problem???

Thanks.

Yes, I have the same problem + DL no support...

I'm getting same problem, but didn't try to burn at all (I just don't bother trying to wait for a 1x Full-size DVD-burning...).

Using Pioneer DVR-A09XLA (boxed version of DVR-109)

Waiting for the solution before migrating completely to here.... :D

Guest harking

Same issues here. Maybe i'll take a look at the code tonight and see if i can find the bug... wish me good luck

-george

I just got 4 new machines with Pioneer DVR-111D drives.

No matter what media I use it always says it's burn speed it 1.0x. It seems to be writing much faster than that. I'd actualy like to force it to burn slower... like @ 4x but there's no option for it.

Thanks

I use a LG GSA-H10N. When I burn a DVD, the program shows a speed range from 1x to 12x. But the H10N should burn with 16x and the Philips DVD-R media was certified for 16x. During burning the media, CDBurnerXP said it would burn with 1x. For luck it wasn't that slow. It took me 6:30 for ~4,4GB. I'm not sure, but that speed should equal 12x? That was also the maximum selectable speed.