Sign in to follow this  
skooterfd

Searching Data Base For CD info!

I've been using the program for the last 3 days and I've come to the conclusion that you really need to add a new search data base to your program! I've been ripping my CD collection and The data base keeps giving me erroneous hits, most that don't make any sense at all. Then I have to input all the data by hand! There should be a way to send in the data to the Site also. I've used nero, it has such function, and I must say a better data base to search from!

hi! Sorry to reply to such an old topic, but I'm having the same trouble as this guy here. Search on FreeDB is giving me completely the wrong CD artist/titles! It doesn't even give me a list of multiple titles to choose from, it just chooses one for me - the wrong one. However I have another application (audiograbber) which searches the same online database - freedb.org - which never gives me erroneous titles. It seems the problem is the way the program searches the database, not the database itself.

First example I have is I put Frou Frou - Details in the drive and it tried to tell me it was Madonna - Music! That's just wrong on so many levels. :o

hi me again! (sorry, I should really register).

Tried another CD today: RJD2 - Deadringer. It's definitely listed on freedb.org. In fact there are several entries for the same Album.

http://www.freedb.org/freedb/data/e20ffe11

CD Burner XP's audio ripper decided to call it "Reggae Island Disk 3" :o

http://www.freedb.org/freedb/reggae/d60ddc10

There is something odd with CD Burner XP's query to freedb.

Hi me again, I decided to register... Is anyone going to reply?? I haven't had CDBurnerXP's audio ripper pick a disc accurately yet on three different PCs (all running Windows XP). It looks from the first post that I'm not the only one with this problem.