Sign in to follow this  
Cheryl

convert file to MPEG-2 to create a VCD

The help topic Create Video-DVD for CDBUrnerXPPro 3.0.116 says to go to http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/TMPGEnc.zip to get the TMPGenc v12a zip file in order to convert a file to MPEG-2 but the file doesn't seem to be there. Does anyone know where I can get it or another free way to convert files to MPEG-2?

Also DVD Styler version 1.06 doesn't seem to be available. Will version 1.5 do?

Thanks for your help.

An open-source solution to create high quality mpeg-2 video is QuEnc. It only takes avisynt-input, though, so you need to install avisynth as well. Then, using your favorite text editor, you need to create a text file with an .avs extension. This is for example how I convert both audio and video from from my photo camera to a PAL compliant format, that then can be encoded to a PAL-DVD compliant mpeg-2.

Directshowsource("128_2872.AVI",fps=15,audio=true)

ResampleAudio(48000)

ChangeFPS(60000, 2400)

ConvertToYV12()

BicubicResize(720,576,0,0.5)

Guest festiva
The help topic Create Video-DVD for CDBUrnerXPPro 3.0.116 says to go to http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/TMPGEnc.zip to get the TMPGenc v12a zip file in order to convert a file to MPEG-2 but the file doesn't seem to be there. Does anyone know where I can get it or another free way to convert files to MPEG-2?

Also DVD Styler version 1.06 doesn't seem to be available. Will version 1.5 do?

Thanks for your help.

Do revisit '>http://festiva-yourchoice.blogspot.com/2007/08/cdburnerxp-pro.html

Look under Recommended additional programs for * TMPGEnc b12a - TMPGEnc beta 12 patch with english patch

You can alternatively use Pegasys TMPGEnc Xpress v4.3.1.222 or TMPGEnc Plus 2.5

N.B. You can post comment for any suggestions & queries at the end of the post.

Recommended additional programs:

Audacity - a good free audio editor

DVDShrink - backup/rip your DVDs Download Link 1 & Link 2

ISOBuster - read scratched CDs and ISO files{Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, 2003, XP & Vista (Home - Ultimate), 32 and 64 bit versions of the OS.} Isobuster Pro 2.2.01

nlite - create slipstreamed and/or reduced WinXP-CDs (resulting ISO image can be burned using CDBurnerXP)

* TMPGEnc Free Version

* TMPGEnc b12a - TMPGEnc beta 12 patch with english patch

* DVDStyler

* TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 Windows98/98SE/ME/NT4.0/2000/XP

* Pegasys TMPGEnc Xpress v4.3.1.222Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Media Center. Mirror download for Pegasys TMPGEnc Xpress v4.3.1.222 Part1 Part 2 Part 3

* UDF Tools version 1.0.0 Published by Tyler Akidau Mirror

* Mount ISO image 0.9.1 by Jinjiru Mirror