Sign in to follow this  
TParis

DVDs can't be read by several players

I have burned several video files on a DVD (Verbatim DVD-R, 4.7GB, max. 16x) with 12x speed in CDBurnerXP but it can't be read in any of our DVD players at home. The disc is not multisession and finalized to avoid compability problems. I tried the same with Nero Burning ROM and I have absolutely no problems with discs created in that program. Where could be the cause for this?

My OS: Windows Vista SP2 (same problems with SP1)

Drive: LG GH22LS30

Guest Eon

I have the same problem. I've tried in both Vista and XP and they both give the same problem. I don't think it's a major problem though, just something to do with indexing, because I can play the files just fine in windows itself. It's just that when I put it in the DVD player I get a "disc error". The burner and DVD player I'm talking about are both LG.

Eon

Guest OlePinguin

I got the same error.

I have the current version, in German language.

I make a new DVD (Data Disc), then i choose file -> Video DVD Layout. In the appearing "Add Video DVD Layout" i choose a directory with the full data from a normal DVD (shrinked and menue and ...) and then i click on "Create movie image". Than the programm signalized "The DVD video image was added successfull".

The burned DVD do not work in my CyberHome DVD Player. It display only "Disk Error".

If i burn this directory with Nero, than everything is OK and work fine.

Solutions?

Guest oink

same issue.

using 4.1.2something under vista. can read them on my pc afterwards. older xp-laptop nor dvd-player cant read.

first i thought it has to do something with session-at-once and not finalizing the disc.. but thats not the case :/

cheers